Chelsea (h) pre-match thread

Chelsea (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has 2-2 written all over it. Place your bets.
JollyGroundedAdder-size_restricted.gif

The most telling Mason decision, the keepers handball. Mason took hold of the ball and the keeper had stood still, so the free kick should have been right there. Mason walked four steps further away from the goal. I checked the distances when I got home. He then marked out six paces for the defensive wall.

Incompetence or cheating , who knows
Cheating, 100%

I'd like to see a change in the flow of our attacks. Especially against the park the bus teams, it's very much midfield to out left, then back to.mod then out right, back to centre and repeat until something happens. We create a horseshoe effect which is ok to set up a defence for. Wind the clock back couple of years and a lot of our goals came from runners and breaks from midfield, I think we should revisit this tactic. Stoke 7-2 is a prime example iirc. We sure miss Sane, but as others have also said, KDB has been off it for a while. If he clicks, City click. Looking forward to the game, I enjoy an autumnal night match.

Pulisic is doubtful for this game, which is a shame because he's in red hot form at the minute. Hudson-Odoi, who is in much less stellar form, recently returned from long term injury, is the most likely replacement.

We sure miss Sane

I watched highlights of the Spurs game when we tonked them 4-1, two seasons back, last night. I was at that match, but I had forgotten how much he absolutely tortured Spurs for the first half and part of the second. He was creating chaos. At the risk of repeating myself — his absence this season (or what would have been the loss of him to Bayern) genuinely deprives us of an X factor that only he can bring. He also scored vital goals against both Liverpool and United last season, let us not forget. I shall be very sad to see him go.

Very good side these and I'm a big fan of Frank.

They'll want to lay down a marker as being 'back' as a major player by getting something out of this game.

We've been a shadow of our usual selves all season and not had that 'authority' to give me the confidence we'll slap all comers.

Draw.

I think Chelsea's play might suit City. I can't see them coming to park the bus. They played on the front foot against Utd at Old Trafford and against Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.