Chelsea (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt they were average in the FA Cup SF,
and we just happened to be worse on the day..It's not even about the league,we just need to get that defeat off our backs
Only changes to mid week would be Laporte in for Stones,Rodri for Ferna and Cancelo for Walker
About 'showing our hand',lol there's nothing new under the sun,Tuchel is just as meticulous as Pep,,and with some of the best analysts,they already know how we play,stopping us is another issue,but we need to win,for our psyche,get the league over and done with,jeopardise their top 4 chances,and then see where we need to improve on against their set-up in preparing for the final
If we beat them all their games become cup finals, you can learn a lot observing a team in 4 cup finals in three weeks, well I am sure Pep can

This now becomes a statement game , strongest team , clinch the title and put the cockney pretneders in their place , we rested seven players when they won the FA cup semi final this will be a totally different game. Tuchel will park the bus play five defenders and two holding midfielders and they will hold on for grim life
We are not Real Madrid with ageing defenders with zero pace , their counter attacks will be dealt with , just hope we can score an early goal and then we will see how good a manager Tuchel and if he has a plan B , having watched them a couple of times they apper to be one trick ponies.

This is the side we played in the cup

Attachments

• BF459F32-9E37-4275-A376-883103485C73.jpeg
    BF459F32-9E37-4275-A376-883103485C73.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 55
We have to beat them this weekend.

1. It gives us a confidence going into the final and reduces theirs regardless of how many changes there might be to the two teams.
2. It puts more pressure on their remaining league games which means they can't relax and could burn out by the time the final comes across, particularly with an FA Cup final in there.
3. We win the league if we beat them and we can remember the feeling of success from beating Chelsea and psychologically want to repeat it in the CL final.

Reactions: Ric
This is the side we played in the cup
Hopefull at least six possibly eight of that team will not play on Saturday , unless Pep wants to play mind games with Tuchel for the Champs league final , we need to play our strongest team we have the next three weeks for rest and recuperation of our big players , lets smash the cockney bastards.

Strongest lineup as possible, and if we win this will put more pressure on Chelsea to keep overuse their first 11 every game to fight for top4 position.
And if we lose then bang goes our confidence. Play the reserves as we can get the points needed for the title at Newcastle.

That's what I think. the league is won whatever so politically I think this makes sure that Sterling, Laporte, Rodri, Cancelo and probably Jesus will start. He will want them to play their part.

I wonder if Aguero will start. He was starting to look better by the end of his game on Saturday. He loves scoring vs. Chelsea and it would give them something to worry about.

Jesus is always really bad against 3ATB sides - not entirely his fault because he's left on his own, but Sergio and Jesus together would fare better.

My team is picked with the dual purpose of winning the game and also keeping certain players happy and feeling they have a chance of playing in the final.

----------------------------------------Ederson

Walker..........Stones...........Laporte............Cancelo

............................Rodri.................................

.............KDB............................Gundo

.......Mahrez............................................Sterling
...........................Jesus.................................

I don't know how you can pick a team without knowledge of how knackered players are after Tuesday. For example, lots of people were saying KDB and Gundog were on their knees. If they were they need resting. Pep has the facts in front of him, we don't, we are just guessing from appearances.

I would like to see the strongest team possible compatible with not playing knackered players and getting them injured. I put my faith in Pep and his staff to put that team out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.