Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven’t played any worse when we play a striker (or two) when the rest of the team is strong as well. We haven’t played Kun not because Pep is precious about the system, but because he’s unsure about his form. That’s why I’m suggesting, give him the rest of the PL to prove himself. We shouldn’t be predictable in the final
I concur regarding predictability, however we win this with high intensity, something Kun can no longer deliver.. Also measuring ‘not playing any worse’ is all well and good v palace et al, but risking it in the CL final? Not gonna happen

we win this with high intensity, something Kun can no longer deliver
That is why I am suggesting Pep plays him in the four remaining games. At least two of them won’t be a walk in the park. See how he handles it. He isn’t finished at 32. Giroud is 34 and isn’t finished either. Neither is Fernandinho.
It’s clear to me that the next four games will help Pep determine the final’s starting XI.

Fuck I hadn't considered this till Sky Sports News are running with this headline now that "Chelsea were the team to stop us from winning the Quadruple and if they beat us and will they now be the team to stop us from winning the Treble as well" ... and then they go on to say if Chelsea win the double of CL and FA Cup and City win with the double of PL and Carabao Cup, who has the better double and had the better season?

Fuckin hell ... we have already WON those two (OK almost won) and they are already gifting them the other two ... c'mon Leicester we're all behind you in the FA Cup Final ... after all Leicester too has a little "City" in them as well ;)

tenor.gif

Citeh comin'!!!!

Get Mahrez 1-on-1 with Chilwell as often as possible. I'd fancy Foden to destroy Azpilicueta too, come to think of it
Yeah attacking wise our best bet is our wingers considering what they've already done to their fullbacks in the past.

The only concern is Tuchel would be smart enough to know that himself.

The city team have been holding back all season, they have paced themselves to date to last a stupid calendar and a quick restart.

From here on it feels like we will want to wipe the league against Chelsea, although pep might play a different team just to keep things fresh and then guessing.

But be in no doubt, against PSG and when we play Chelsea you’re watching a full on city side so I’m pretty confident

The question for me is Fern or Rodders. Apart from that, same team that played on Wednesday.

I would definitely pick Fern for his pace, experience and mental strength.

But it's also important how Bernardo & Gundogan & Zinchenko feel about number 6, like they are more comfortable with Rodri or with Fernandinho.

KEY in this game will be ball possession and controlling the tempo so, that no counter attack is made without preliminary covered zones and etc. 1000% of concentration.

So in this aspects of game - Rodri could be better option.

It's like if we were in the final last year and pep had to choose between Gundogan and David Silva.. Both of them would be logical choices, but it depends on the game and plan...

Well I'm still confident but there's clearly no convincing some people, is it some kind of:

"Act like you've already lost, then it doesn't hurt as much if we don't win" bluff?

Or is it an:

"If I say we'll win, we'll lose. So I'll say I think we'll lose, that will teach um" double-clarky anti-jinx bluff ?

Very superstitious lot some blues can be.

Everyone is of course entitled to their own view but it would be nice if everyone would back our lads for once though. Instead of trying to create a cloud of negativity before the game and dragging everyone else under it. They are pretty damn good and worthy favourites for the final. We could lose, that's football but you're not really losing anything more by backing them and it's not wrong to say City are the better team.

Yeah attacking wise our best bet is our wingers considering what they've already done to their fullbacks in the past.

The only concern is Tuchel would be smart enough to know that himself.

Their 3-4-2-1 did cause us some issues in the FA Cup tie, but in addition to us naming a much stronger side, I think playing without a striker will be a big difference-maker. That leaves their three central defenders ostensibly marking no one and gives us a man advantage in central midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.