Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it safe for both squads to travel & stay there? All it needs it one person from either squad to catch it at the Airport/hotel/stadium and it spreads.....before you know it, the game gets called off!

The whole red list thing would make me fucking furious if I was in the U.K. right now.

What a coincidence that the UK government, which has been lobbying to hold every sporting event possible in London for the last 6 months, just happens to make a CL final in Turkey impossible the day after it started calling for the game to be moved to the UK.

I notice that Cyprus and the Netherlands have not been redlisted despite having worse cases per 1m in the last week.

UEFA acting like the usual dickheads the day after announcing the final will definitely be in Turkey the country goes into lockdown and is red listed , so thousands of our fans will be unable to go. All f*cking UEFA are interested in is money they couldnt give a shit about match going supporters as long as they please their core armchair customers and the subsriptions are rolling in from their sponsors . Kerrrrching.

What a coincidence that the UK government, which has been lobbying to hold every sporting event possible in London for the last 6 months, just happens to make a CL final in Turkey impossible the day after it started calling for the game to be moved to the UK.

I notice that Cyprus and the Netherlands have not been redlisted despite having worse cases per 1m in the last week.
I have to say there are bigger issues at stake here than the final. Maybe thousands of Brits going over to Turkey on holiday and bringing Covid back. And don't forget Istanbul airport is a hub for 100's of destinations. Not a good place to be

I have to say there are bigger issues at stake here than the final. Maybe thousands of Brits going over to Turkey on holiday and bringing Covid back. And don't forget Istanbul airport is a hub for 100's of destinations. Not a good place to be
Do you know something, I’ve been here since October. Every single citizen wears a mask when out of the house. There are far more sanitiser dispensers here than the UK. You have to have a HES code when you go to the malls , on a train, plane etc. There are machine gun toting cops on every main route in and out of the city checking peoples entitlement to work in the pandemic. They are taking this shit very seriously now. I think people think Turkey is all sand and camels. It’s a very sophisticated place.

I respect your opinion, I really do.
We're not exactly Australia though are we - "bringing Covid back" it's already here if you hadn't noticed.
I know/knew the risks when booking my trip, they haven't mysteriously changed in the last 24 hours, in fact rates are falling dramatically in Turkey. I was happy to follow the guidance on my return and isolate for the required period, along with testing.
The Government have made an arbitrary decision which makes no sense imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.