Chelsea or Spurs in CL - what is better for us?

halfcenturyup

Chelsea to win the CL, Spurs in Europa. Top players leaving Spurs, possibly going to United. Chelsea get top players in the summer.

Chelsea lose, Spurs in CL. Top players stay at Spurs. Turmoil at Chelsea, difficulty getting top players.

What do we prefer?

its a win win situation.

Chelski in means they have won the champions league and will piss off both united and spuds.

spuds in means chelsea pissed off.

whats not to like

Chelsea in the Europa League. Nobody seems to manage playing well Thursday/Sunday, and Spurs will spend more on their stadium than team in the close, so less to fear there even with the CL revenue.

Not sure. Remember that in the run up to the Emirates, Arsenal were dominant

A CFC win KOs CFC as they can't rebuild to top 4 standard and breakeven at the same time, but a CFC win would also be a huge blow to Spurs. I suppose it comes down to who is the biggest potential threat to City. I'd say that was CFC given that they have plans for a new stadium.

As I understand it from people who know more than me, as regards the group stages, it's better for us if Chelsea don't win the CL, because if they do, they or we might get "paired" with utd for TV, which could put us in a worse position.

UEFA coefficient is only based on European results

But the British pairings will depend on who wins the final. If Cheslea qualify as champions, then I think the pairings will repeat those of this past season (as the same four teams will qualify)

pair1 will be Rags and Chelsea, pair2 Arsenal and City.

But if Bayern win, then who gets to be in pair1 between ourselves and Arsenal? I would expect that Arsenal would make it on any formal criteria; their support within the UK is higher than Chelsea's, and their European support not much less. But I can suspect strong lobbying by the Prem and FA to pair Rags and City, as it makes it a lot easier to organise the calendar if we are not regularly playing on the same day.

This makes a big potential difference. as the main functin of the pairings is so the draw can be rigged in favour of the teams that broadcasters want to see in the knockout rounds. If we are paired with the Rags, I would expect us to be allocated a group with one big name team (IPorto, Milan or Madrid) and two small league champion teams from the qualfiying rounds. If we are in pair2, I would expect us to be allocated into a group with Valencia and - probably - Dortmund.

I think it's best for us if Chelsea win it. They've already got the money in place and can potentially spend a fortune like us.

Spurs on the other hand have relied on the CL to spend big and I don't want them to get any better than they are. Plus it would be a media wankfest if they were to qualify for the CL again. Think what it was like a couple of years ago when they got to the quarters (i think).

Plus they're playing ze germans. I can't back ze germans to win anything.

Chelsea for 2 reasons

1, I surport all English clubs in European games.(expect for the Rags)

2, I fucking hate Spur's, there like the London Rags.

Definatly Chelsea win,

Chelsea will buy this summer whatever happens, Spurs only if CL spot is secured

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.