Chelsea Post Match

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
lasereyes said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I can't see many teams beating them though

We have played three home games and now need to win 16/16 to have the same record as last year. We can't afford anymore Stoke games, yet I have a feeling we are going to be facing that every week.

I think our away record could end up better than ever this season though as teams at home really can't play like that.

We need a run of wins now. The next two games are tricky but we must win them.

There is a catch. You can't park the bus and put away lower teams. When they have gone forward against lesser teams, they have looked vulnerable at the back. I can see a few defeats away from home like Stoke, Villa and Palace last year. Where they struggle to break down the opposition and themselves get caught by a sucker punch.

I don't think they are that much better than last year. Personally, I think the jury is still out on Costa. All we've really seen so far is close range goals against mostly lesser teams. And yes they won at Goodison but so too did Palace today. And Chelsea were gifted 2 offside goals in the first 5 mins in that game.

Problem is they don't need to be that much better as they really should have won the title themselves last season. They completely fucked up against Sunderland at home when a win would have put it in their hands.

We were a bit fortunate last season and to be sure of winning it again, I think we will need to get 4/5 more points this season. We have to go on a good run now. Hard games over for a while. Promising signs in last 2 league games. Much better than both Arsenal and Chelsea.
You could easily say we fucked up against Sunderland or Pool too though, which would have made a difference. Hate it when people use this to say we were fortunate to win last season.

haydockboy said:
kippaxage6 said:
haydockboy said:
our corners, as usual shocking............too long in the air with no pace on them, its too easy to defend.................we also dont have the direct, fast paced dribbler that frightens the hell out of defenders (di maria, hazard, robben, ribery) also was a bit annoyed with zabba, love him to bits but you could see Dean was looking to send one of us today, stop giving him the excuse, you gotta be cuter when on a yellow zabb..........for all our possession did we really look like scoring???

Fuck off rag or are you a clarkie or Owen (likes horsies)
shut it you fuckin prick!!

Do you look after horsies

Don't think I've ever seen us finish matches against good English teams so strongly. Played last year's top three and unbeaten, so bar the Stoke blip, we're looking good domestically.

Thought we were brilliant. 60% possession at half. Didn't give up a shot on target until the goal. The first 20mns we were really pushing the tempo, was always going to be hard to break them down. Mangala was brilliant. Our corners are still shit. Ref was beyond awful. Nearly ruined a terrific game. The ref clearly had decided he was going to send someone off today, and by someone I mean a City player. The lads should have adjusted their play. Thought CFC played utterly gutless. Play acting every incident. Acted like they had their leg amputated on every foul.

oh i see wot you did, cuz i have haydock in my name, you then realised there was a haydock park racecourse..............................feck me, its 22.07 have you had your sunday bath yet cuz you've got school in morning or has your mum got to get the nit comb out yet?

Gutted we didn't win. Still +3 pts shift on last season in matches with Chelsea (us +1 them -2).
The final pass didn't quite come off.
Great defending be Chelsea on a couple of occasions as City were about to pull the trigger.
Ruined by Dean.

Only worry was Silvas corners - awful.

haydockboy said:
oh i see wot you did, cuz i have haydock in my name, you then realised there was a haydock park racecourse..............................feck me, its 22.07 have you had your sunday bath yet cuz you've got school in morning or has your mum got to get the nit comb out yet?

Age 6 1971 in the kippax work it out if you can and watch the game on which you try to comment

BlueAnorak said:
Gutted we didn't win. Still +3 pts shift on last season in matches with Chelsea (us +1 them -2).
Ruined by Dean.

Only worry was Silvas corners - awful.

Apart from the 2 short corners we played today Chelsea just mopped up our corners for fun.
For a top team we are weak at set pieces. We need to improve.
Great game today though - really enjoyed it. Pretty sure we watched the top 2 in this years PL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.