Chelsea Thread 16/17

I don't deny that it's been a positive for us, but don't think it's the clicnhing factor. As I said, it was probably nice for Conte to have the spare weeks to settle in properly, but I think it's lazy analysis to bog the whole season down to 'Chelsea are not in Europe'.

I can understand why the other top 6 teams would believe it though, because it implies it has more to do with luck and things outside of City's, Spurs' and United's control.

It's clearly a factor and becomes a bigger factor if the coach is new. Only a fool would say it is the reason Chelsea will win the league but it has definitely helped. There is no way of knowing how much.

I feel totally sure that Pep would have loved the extra time to work with his squad.

Whilst next season Chelsea will be in Europe it will be Conte's second season and so the affect is less imo.

It's clearly a factor and becomes a bigger factor if the coach is new. Only a fool would say it is the reason Chelsea will win the league but it has definitely helped. There is no way of knowing how much.

I feel totally sure that Pep would have loved the extra time to work with his squad.

Whilst next season Chelsea will be in Europe it will be Conte's second season and so the affect is less imo.

Oh, it has definitely helped.

I have just seen too many comments, like your original post that I replied to, that only points out we're not in Europe with no other comments or analysis to go with it. Reading that, one would have thought it is the only reason we're 10 points clear.

As a fan, as much as I love being in the CL, it has been nice to have a breather for one season and go back into it next season with renewed optimism and hunger. I didn't realise how much I missed it until the knockout football began.

Oh, it has definitely helped.

I have just seen too many comments, like your original post that I replied to, that only points out we're not in Europe with no other comments or analysis to go with it. Reading that, one would have thought it is the only reason we're 10 points clear.

As a fan, as much as I love being in the CL, it has been nice to have a breather for one season and go back into it next season with renewed optimism and hunger. I didn't realise how much I missed it until the knockout football began.

You need to re-read my post. You are a little too defensive methinks.

My point is that as a new coach lack of CL was a big advantage for Conte over the other 2 coaches who were new to their teams but playing in Europe.

At no point have I said it's why you will win, only that it's a factor.

You need to re-read my post. You are a little too defensive methinks.

My point is that as a new coach lack of CL was a big advantage for Conte over the other 2 coaches who were new to their teams but playing in Europe.

At no point have I said it's why you will win, only that it's a factor.

I have read your post. In isolation, it does appear to be giving too much importance to no Europe, but in your subsequent posts it is clear what you meant. It just isn't as clear reading your original post.

I wasn't having a pop, I was just pointing out that making that point about no Europe with no further explanation or analysis makes it seem like not being in Europe is only thing separating Chelsea from the rest and it's a sentiment I have come across way too often around the internet. That is what I responded to, and having exchanged a few posts, it's clear what you meant, and I agree with you. It just needed a little elaboration.

Sick of hearing the Europe bollocks myself. If Chelsea was in Europe I doubt they would change their back 4 every week like we have. I don't doubt there may of been more rotation however their settled defence has been key for them.

It's a strange one as this time last year their supporters were blaming the players!
They should never have had him back, he's been banging on about United since he was at Real Madrid.

They might be pissed off that he's packaged himself up as a United legend already but that's football. Also, how many were actually singing it, didn't hear much on the TV
I was there and didn't hear it at all.

Other Chelsea fans might give a different reaction but my own opinion is that the Judas stuff is a disgrace. When all is said and done, the bloke didn't choose to leave, he was sacked. What is more, he is clearly bitter and angry about it. I'm as a aware as anyone of his failings. His behaviour over the Eva Craneiro incident, for example, was utterly stupid and bizarre. He was wrong from the start and seemed unable to recognise that fact and rectify the situation. He still owes Dr. Craneiro an apology but we, and she, knows she won't get anything beyond the wording agreed as a part of her out of court settlement.

Jose's is an immature personality. He is never able to rise above any situation. He always reacts, and he seldom reacts well. Even if he does not directly cause a confrontation, he can be relied upon to up the verbal agro. Contrast his reaction to the barely audible Judas chant by a few misguided Chelsea fans, with Cesc's response to a stadium full of Arsenal fans booing him for 90 minutes. Cesc, who let's remember would have returned to Arsenal if they had wanted him, simply said it changes nothing; I love Arsenal and I love Arsenal fans. High class. Even as one of Jose's biggest defenders, classy is not an adjective I can use about him.

Having said all of that, I will always respect the man's achievements with our club. People see all the spending and imagine that success was easily achieved. It was not. A great deal of the money spent was, in my opinion, wasted. Jose the football tactician, and Jose the motivator who instilled a steely will to win, made a huge contribution to the trophies. This was not only true during his two tenures, but outside of them too. Di Matteo deserves the credit for the win over Barca in 2012 but there was a lot of the Jose ethos on show as we dug in despite being two goals, and a man, down with several minutes still to go before half time. The recovery to earn a draw, and a one goal aggregate win, with a very limited team, had the Jose spirit about it. PSG could have done with some of it this month

Even if the day comes when I do so alone, I will always stand up for the Special One.

Last edited:
C8GtK-mW0AIoIED.jpg

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-opens-up-about-future-and-fuels-chelsea-talk

The internet has taken these quotes to mean him effectively telling Chelsea to make a move for him.

What a front line Hazard Costa (or Lukaku) Alexis would be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.