Chelsea Thread 16/17

What do you think Pep would have achieved in the league with their squad and lack of Europe?
I'm really not sure.At the time I was just so relieved at getting rid of the Toxic Portuguese but was slightly worried Conte would have similar.I would have loved to have got Pep
but now I'm happy and I think City fans should be as well . You have got a great manager and time will prove it.

I think it's unfair to say no Europe is the only reason. It's certainly helped, but to argue that it is the only factor would be silly IMO.

I agree. It's a big factor, but certainly not the only one. I think your squad is more balanced than most, and Conte has done a great job. You've unquestionably been the best team this season, and deserve to win the league.

I agree. It's a big factor, but certainly not the only one. I think your squad is more balanced than most, and Conte has done a great job. You've unquestionably been the best team this season, and deserve to win the league.
I think conte is the key factor. He's got hazard and co playing well, bought in players he needed and plays a very disciplined style of play that gives little away.

When they signed Luis I laughed but he has been superb for them and that's down to conte. Be interesting to see what they do in the summer market.

I think conte is the key factor. He's got hazard and co playing well, bought in players he needed and plays a very disciplined style of play that gives little away.

When they signed Luis I laughed but he has been superb for them and that's down to conte. Be interesting to see what they do in the summer market.
I don't think we have too many needs .keepers are fine if we keep them both. Christiansen too come back from loan. More playing time for Ake and RLC.
Main focus should be striker ,possibly Morata or Lukaku with Abraham for the squad. We could have the most settled squad of all. Might be sweet to take Sanchez tho.

I think Conte has just adapted better to what he has in front of him.

He came in at Chelsea wanting to play a 4-2-4 but knew after a month into the season it didn't work and didn't have the players for it so went to three at the back knowing full well Luiz and Cahill in a two was going to leak goals.

I have a feeling even he will be surprised as to how well Moses and Alonso have got on, in particularly Moses. Both journeymen footballers but look absolute top quality as wing-backs.

City on the other hand, Pep has come in with his set ways and is keeping firm - regardless of what player we have - and trying to play his way without consideration for another system that may get the best out of our current crop.

Rightly so in my opinion because we scouted Pep for years and wanted his style of play, so it's up to the club now to give him the players he wants for the style of play he wants.

Chelsea were already a top strong side they just downed tools last season. A new manager comes in and they start playing again. Conte has tweaked it a little but basically they look the same side they were before they went on strike. Pep was chosen on a mandate to change the way we play and inherited an ageing squad. It has been frustrating as we know if he had done things a little differently we would be in a better position but he won't. The signs are there and with some additions we should kick on next season.

I don't think we have too many needs .keepers are fine if we keep them both. Christiansen too come back from loan. More playing time for Ake and RLC.
Main focus should be striker ,possibly Morata or Lukaku with Abraham for the squad. We could have the most settled squad of all. Might be sweet to take Sanchez tho.
I was thinking more if hazard does leave he will be so difficult to replace. seems every time I watch Chelsea he is always the main man, would be a huge loss. More than likely just crappy paper talk though.

Sanchez will leave Arsenal I'm sure of that and whoever gets him will be a better side for it.

I was thinking more if hazard does leave he will be so difficult to replace. seems every time I watch Chelsea he is always the main man, would be a huge loss. More than likely just crappy paper talk though.

Sanchez will leave Arsenal I'm sure of that and whoever gets him will be a better side for it.
Of course losing Hazard would be a massive loss but I am sure Roman will do everything possible to keep him .Sanchez would be a good signing even if Hazard stays.

If we bottle this title, it'll be the worst bottle job in PL history.

Thankfully, Spurs' games get quite a bit harder after this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.