Chelsea Thread (2015-16)

I'd be fucked off if a City player said he would rather lose because of the manager than win for him. He should be trying to win every game regardless of who is in charge. If he's been ridiculed by Mourinho then get over it, Chelsea have won plenty with Mourinho in charge, they can't pick and choose when they play for him.

Without a doubt his time is up, the issue is Chelsea can't really afford to sack him and Mourinho will not quit! How bad does it get before Abramovich decides to just pay out and sack him off?! If they fail to win in the CL this week then they could struggle to qualify from their group.

Just before Eva and I went asleep last night, she was waffling on about what a twat Mourinho was, and how she'd diagnosed him long ago. It's difficult to remember everything she said, but it was something like:-

Narcissistic personality disorder
(NPD) is a personality disorder in which a person is excessively preoccupied with personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity, mentally unable to see the destructive damage they are causing to themselves and others. It is a cluster B personality disorder.[1]

It is estimated that this condition affects one percent of the population, with rates greater for men. First formulated in 1968, NPD was historically called megalomania, and is a form of severe egocentrism.

Signs and symptoms[edit]
People with narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance. They have a sense of entitlement and demonstrate grandiosity in their beliefs and behavior. They have a strong need for admiration, but lack feelings of empathy.

A random but pertinent thought with regards Mourinho and his current predicament. I find it interesting that even though his team has basically fallen through the floor he has been relentlessly dogmatic in the way the team sets up and it's shape. For someone who's been lauded at times for his tactical flexibility, i'm beginning to think that might be a bit of a myth. Basically his solution to any problem on the pitch, or any problem with his team, is immediately pull everyone back into his own half, play on the counter, and essentially become an expensive 'small' team with a 'small' team mentality. Play the %'s - something he's always been good at.

You'd think for example, having struggled to score goals and to create chances, that at the very least he'd look at varying his tactical set up a little bit or changing things around just to give the team a fresh impetus. Instead he has stuck dogmatically to 4231, and in it's end product it's not too dissimilar to the listless 'solid' garbage being served up by Van Gaal at $old Trafford.

Who'd have thought that Pellegrini would last longer than Mourinho when they both came to the league a few years back.

Mourinho's faith in under-performing players this season is hilarious.

Hazard is blatantly not trying, yet Mourinho starts him nearly every week. Bizarre. Ferguson lasted so long because he was ruthless, Mourinho hasn't got the balls to really drop Hazard. Mourinho should drop Hazard completely until he stops looking like a League One player. Terry looks finished yet Mourinho still plays him. Didn't Mourinho sign two centre backs in the summer? Plus Zouma, Cahill and Ivanovic.

This Chelsea team could do with a bit of youth. Young players have that carefree attitude, high workrate and loyalty that Chelsea currently lack. Chelsea had a sensational youth squad last season which won everything, yet none of them are near the squad despite the first team having a horrendous start to the season. Jay Dasilva, Izzy Brown and Dominic Solanke are some of the best youth prospects in England, but still aren't near the squad. Brown and Solanke have been farmed out to Vitesse. Loftus-Cheek barely plays and is behind Mikel in the pecking order. Mourinho is petrified to play any young players and instead just plays the same players every week who aren't trying which doesn't make sense to me. The young left back Baba signed for £22 million yet Mourinho would rather play Zouma at full back. Baba at left back and Azpilicueta at right back just seems like a no brainer. Why isn't he giving Baba a chance?

I suspect Mourinho won't be ruthless enough to really drop the under performing players and will be sacked by the end of 2015.

According to Gary Neville Roman Abromavich has said to be wanting more youth players promoted since they do have the countries best youth teams. That was before the season started.

I'd be fucked off if a City player said he would rather lose because of the manager than win for him. He should be trying to win every game regardless of who is in charge. If he's been ridiculed by Mourinho then get over it, Chelsea have won plenty with Mourinho in charge, they can't pick and choose when they play for him.

Without a doubt his time is up, the issue is Chelsea can't really afford to sack him and Mourinho will not quit! How bad does it get before Abramovich decides to just pay out and sack him off?! If they fail to win in the CL this week then they could struggle to qualify from their group.

Even if you do hate your manager, and let's face it a lot of us that work hate our managers, you still have a job to do to make your salary.

If I was a football owner and a player who I was paying thousands of pounds a week and they said they would rather lose than win they would sacked. I'm sure Roman wouldn't hang about if it really is true and he finds out who done. Which obviously could be a made up story since we have no real confirmation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.