Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rate Chilwell, bad news for him and them if it's as bad as it seems. I prefer him to Shaw too, and would like to see him establish himself as England's first choice but this knocks months off his time to prove himself.

Alonso's not shit of course, but it's a long season for him to play without solid back-up and competition. I'm not sure who their third choice LB is - Azpilicueta's played there before, I think. Otherwise I guess it might have to be some academy kid (lucky for them they've got about a million).

I rate Chilwell, bad news for him and them if it's as bad as it seems. I prefer him to Shaw too, and would like to see him establish himself as England's first choice but this knocks months off his time to prove himself.

Alonso's not shit of course, but it's a long season for him to play without solid back-up and competition. I'm not sure who their third choice LB is - Azpilicueta's played there before, I think. Otherwise I guess it might have to be some academy kid (lucky for them they've got about a million).

Might need to recall Maatsen from Coventry to play backup but that would be terrible for his development.

If Chilwell is out for any significant period, that's a huge blow for them. He's been in phenomenal form this season. Down as 3 goals and an assist in 6 (?) PL games. None too shabby for a full back. Has he really only played 6 times in the league so far?

Bbc saying he is out for 6 weeks and they are hoping he won't need surgery so not out for the season. I imagine it's wait and see how it heals for now.

Bbc saying he is out for 6 weeks and they are hoping he won't need surgery so not out for the season. I imagine it's wait and see how it heals for now.
Yeah, I think with ACLs sometimes you have to wait to see how the damage settles.

It’s a minimum of 6 weeks and could still be the whole season in the worst case scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.