Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
He knew there was a high chance of injury
hes Winded at the very least.

i was always mindful of being blocked when I played.
it was a regular occurrence.
I found out. Quite accidentally. When one lad tried to do it to me. That if you run straight at them. Watching out of your peripheral vision for the moment they step across and turn their shoulder into you.
and you push your hands out to stop your momentum. One to the chest. The other, palm open to the face.
whilst shouting ‘obstruction ref’ on impact.
You get a free punch and awarded a free kick.
that’s what KDB should have done. And hopefully what he does the next time.

the lad apologised to me for breaking his cheek bone btw.

I'm hesitant to keep discussing this because I'm fully aware that nobody on this forum will ever agree with me on this and it's been debated to death in last season's Chelsea thread and various points in this thread too and each time it ended with people either calling me names or politely agreeing to disagree.

My view is that Rudiger was trying to cynically foul KDB by body checking him worthy of no more than a yellow card. Those kinds of cynical fouls happen in almost every game. He was not trying to hurt him and KDB's subsequent injury was purely accidental. Nothing close to Aguero vs David Luiz levels of assault.

I'm hesitant to keep discussing this because I'm fully aware that nobody on this forum will ever agree with me on this and it's been debated to death in last season's Chelsea thread and various points in this thread too and each time it ended with people either calling me names or politely agreeing to disagree.

My view is that Rudiger was trying to cynically foul KDB by body checking him worthy of no more than a yellow card. Those kinds of cynical fouls happen in almost every game. He was not trying to hurt him and KDB's subsequent injury was purely accidental. Nothing close to Aguero vs David Luiz levels of assault.
Twat ;)

I agree we won’t agree as he was a dirty twat quite prepared and no doubt happy to take out our best player.

I don't mind Chelsea and you're not a bad poster but IMHO Rudiger meant to do what he did.

On a separate note, what is the reaction amongst Chelsea fans to the story that Christensen declined to play?

I agree we won’t agree as he was a dirty twat quite prepared and no doubt happy to take out our best player.

I don't mind Chelsea and you're not a bad poster but IMHO Rudiger meant to do what he did.

I know you all think that and I have no problems with that view. It's just a case of seeing it differently and despite my earnest efforts, I have accepted I won't ever convince anyone of my viewpoint on the incident, hence why it seems like a pointless conversation :)

On a separate note, what is the reaction amongst Chelsea fans to the story that Christensen declined to play?

I don't think any player would willingly refuse to play in a cup final, so something else must be going on with him. It's not the first time he's had to pull out of a game on game day because of a supposed illness. Chelsea fans have not taken kindly to it. He has been roundly criticised and, in some cases, outright abused, because people have convinced themselves his heart isn't in it anymore and that he's trying to avoid an injury ahead of his move to Barcelona.

I thought it was a red card, but even if he didn't mean do hurt him he was at least prepared to accept it might happen by doing what he did, so for that reason it was a red card. I think he's just a dirty b4st4rd, and gets away with it more often than not.

I don't think any player would willingly refuse to play in a cup final, so something else must be going on with him. It's not the first time he's had to pull out of a game on game day because of a supposed illness. Chelsea fans have not taken kindly to it. He has been roundly criticised and, in some cases, outright abused, because people have convinced themselves his heart isn't in it anymore and that he's trying to avoid an injury ahead of his move to Barcelona.
Yes, it’s not like refusing to come in in a European tie…

All a bit strange from a player who has been with the club for nearly a decade. Presumably he won’t feature on Sunday and won’t receive the obligatory farewell.

I know you all think that and I have no problems with that view. It's just a case of seeing it differently and despite my earnest efforts, I have accepted I won't ever convince anyone of my viewpoint on the incident, hence why it seems like a pointless conversation :)
It's just your point of view and we all have them, but how would you have felt if Fernandinho had levelled Konte and he was badly injured and went off and missed some of your next season but Fernandinho only got a yellow and then City had gone on to win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.