Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
they dont concede because their keeper rescues them every time not because they are defending well. the opponents get plenty of chances every game! this is unsustainable. we are by far the favourites,

This has only been the case against Villa where Saul was pretty much Villa best player in the first half. They didn't get a sniff after Jorginho replaced him at HT, and against Liverpool when we were down to 10 men..

We are actually the team that has conceded the fewest chances against in the league since Tuchel has been here.

Conceding something like 10 fewer goals than the nearest team in Europe over 20 something games isn't just some lucky run

Last edited:
Chelsea = big ugly football. Giant physical players that run for 90 minutes. Tackle hard, foul consistently and often totally outplayed…..but WIN!!
Score from one chance. I would be amazed if Pep has learned a single thing from those 3 Chelsea defeats last season. They are the team to beat this season. Wouldn’t want to watch them every week.

It seems like everything that isn't City's kind of football is being labelled ugly and defensive. I find it bizarre to be honest. We dominate possession most games, we create loads of chances and we scored loads of goals. We just also happen to be really solid defensively.

I don't always find City that entertaining to watch in all honesty, in fact there are loads of games throughout each season where things just aren't clicking and you rely on individual quality to get you over the line. We're no different in that regard.

This has only been the case against Villa where Saul was pretty much Villa best player in the first half. They didn't get a sniff after Jorginho replaced him at HT, and against Liverpool when we were down to 10 men..

We are actually the team that has conceded the fewest chances against in the league since Tuchel has been here.

Conceding something like 10 fewer goals than the nearest team in Europe over 20 something games is just some lucky run
did you actually see them playing today or just watch the highlights? they played badly today as well.

Lukaku won them that game. What a player he has become. People criticise his close control but he has the mentality of an elite player and the goal scoring ability to match!

did you actually see them playing today or just watch the highlights? they played badly today as well.

What do you mean did I watch the game? Of course I did. Chelsea were poor, but that's not what I was responding to. You said we keep getting clean sheets because Mendy keeps bailing us with great saves , implying that we're actually not that good defensively. That's what I disagree with and that's what my response was about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.