Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its funny that Tuchel and Pep even get compared. Tuchel a great tactician I dont deny that , but he didnt build this Chelsea winning team . He joined them mid season and just played them properly. He got sacked by Psg and was the main cause of them not winning the french League last season.
Pep would never join a team mid season and he has never been in danger of being sacked anywhere hes been too.

Its funny that Tuchel and Pep even get compared. Tuchel a great tactician I dont deny that , but he didnt build this Chelsea winning team . He joined them mid season and just played them properly. He got sacked by Psg and was the main cause of them not winning the french League last season.
Pep would never join a team mid season and he has never been in danger of being sacked anywhere hes been too.

PSG were, I think, 1 point off the top when they let Tuchel go and it was in December, so it's a bit harsh to say he was the main cause. But nonetheless, the reasons for his sacking was, from what PSG fans say on social media, a clash with the DoF. He has been said to have a difficult personality both at Dortmund and PSG, so how long he can play happy families at Chelsea is obviously a huge question mark.

I don't think there's anything particularly honourable or dishonourable about taking a job in the summer or mid-season. Pep has always left clubs on his own terms and that's definitely speaks volumes for his ability to get consistent results and work well with people.

PSG were, I think, 1 point off the top when they let Tuchel go and it was in December, so it's a bit harsh to say he was the main cause. But nonetheless, the reasons for his sacking was, from what PSG fans say on social media, a clash with the DoF. He has been said to have a difficult personality both at Dortmund and PSG, so how long he can play happy families at Chelsea is obviously a huge question mark.

I don't think there's anything particularly honourable or dishonourable about taking a job in the summer or mid-season. Pep has always left clubs on his own terms and that's definitely speaks volumes for his ability to get consistent results and work well with people.
pretty convinced Psg were more than one point off top , but even so , when you have the team Psg has to not be leading by at least 10 points in a shite league is def underachieveing.
I rate Tuchel but I think he is not on Pep or Klopp's level.

pretty convinced Psg were more than one point off top , but even so , when you have the team Psg has to not be leading by at least 10 points in a shite league is def underachieveing.
I rate Tuchel but I think he is not on Pep or Klopp's level.

I just checked to make sure. The news reports around his sacking all state he was a point behind leaders Lyon, but yes, he should have been doing better, and I don't know the ins and outs of that club, so I was just parroting what their fans have been saying, which is the tension behind the scenes was obvious , they (Tuchel and Leonardo) were taking pot shots at each other on the media, and the minute they started trading shots in public, results started going sideways. But anyway, that was then.

I have personally never placed Tuchel on par with Klopp and Pep. I think he can get there. I think he can beat them both head to head and over the course of a season but his career so far just doesn't match up to the other two. So I'd say if we're comparing careers, then Tuchel needs to sit this one out as he pales in comparison, but if we're comparing current coaching ability, then there's definitely a debate to be had.

I still don't get Mason Mount. People speak very highly of him but I haven't seen him produce 10 out of ten, or a 9 out of ten, performance whenever I've seen him for Chelsea. For England he's been pretty anonymous, imho. Perhaps tomorrow's his day. Bloody hope not!

I'm envious of Reece James, and I would take Lukaku for the variation he'd give our squad, but, unless Mason produces tomorrow, I'm only signing those 2 OK? I would have taken Chilwell until I saw our young left back the other night - he'll do for me.

Anyway, it'll be very interesting to see who's fit tomorrow and whether Pep goes gor it, or tries to play safe, for a change. I'll settle for point very happily. Edit: just found another £75m to spend - can I have Kante please? Forgot about him!

I just checked to make sure. The news reports around his sacking all state he was a point behind leaders Lyon, but yes, he should have been doing better, and I don't know the ins and outs of that club, so I was just parroting what their fans have been saying, which is the tension behind the scenes was obvious , they (Tuchel and Leonardo) were taking pot shots at each other on the media, and the minute they started trading shots in public, results started going sideways. But anyway, that was then.

I have personally never placed Tuchel on par with Klopp and Pep. I think he can get there. I think he can beat them both head to head and over the course of a season but his career so far just doesn't match up to the other two. So I'd say if we're comparing careers, then Tuchel needs to sit this one out as he pales in comparison, but if we're comparing current coaching ability, then there's definitely a debate to be had.

I dont think he is on the same level because Klopp and Pep built the teams they won the champions league with as Tuchel took over a team with great players and played them the way they should play. I think Tuchel is a great tactician but I dont think he can build a team the way Pep and Klopp can.

I think that’s fair comment. I also think Chelsea are the real deal this season. I wasn’t convinced at the back end of last season that you could sustain a title charge but the addition of a proper striker has proved that assumption wrong.

I dont think he is on the same level because Klopp and Pep built the teams they won the champions league with as Tuchel took over a team with great players and played them the way they should play. I think Tuchel is a great tactician but I dont think he can build a team the way Pep and Klopp can.

Yeah I don't disagree with that. He hasn't proven yet that can build a team. That's the next step for him. I think he can do it, but until he does, it's fair enough that it's held against him. Pep is unreachable because I don't think Tuchel will ever reach the number league titles Pep has won and continues to win, but Klopp is definitely in Tuchel's range.

I think that’s fair comment. I also think Chelsea are the real deal this season. I wasn’t convinced at the back end of last season that you could sustain a title charge but the addition of a proper striker has proved that assumption wrong.

We were extremely profligate last season. We underperformed our xG by quite a bit. We actually create less with Lukaku than we did with Werner but him being extremely clinical is offsetting the reduction in chance creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.