Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. It really surprised me how defensively you set up. Lose the midfield battle against us and it’ll be a long afternoon for anyone.

Losing James didn’t help you though.

What has Tuchel said to Rudiger and Azpuillicueta to make them so aggressive/borderline OTT?

Shape up you useless pair of twats or I'm flogging you both to Watford..?

I agree with literally everything you've said.

We have to accept this one and take it on the chin. We now have a run of 6 very winnable games, so hopefully we can go into flat track bully mode.

Tuchel is one of those coaches who learns and adapts, so hopefully he will have learnt a lot and the game at the Etihad will be very different.
I think Chelsea are built very well for that. Consistency will make you formidable. All teams need to do it if they want to win the league, city are comfortably the best at it when on form because the gulf in class shines through but I also think we are the team that needs the smallest drop off of form before we start dropping points because we don't have different approaches when it's not happening and our style doesn't lend well to nicking late goals with mounted pressure. Southampton being the prime example.

United just get penalties, Liverpool smash it in the box from their fullbacks from anywhere until one comes off and Chelsea have lukaku to aim for surrounded by very capable players.

I quite like Tuchel, he's a good manager. I think he could and should play more expansive football but we all know how cut throat Abramovich is in demanding instant success. His current approach is the easiest to implement for the maximum output in thr shortest time. it's almost forced him to play this way because he won't be given the time to do anything else just like lampard so I don't lay any blame on him for playing a largely defensive game. I think if he has a good season this year and is given a decent contract and some assurances we might see a more attacking side from him.

whilst Chelsea has an unusually high percentage of moronic fans amongst your lot, I find chelsea to be by far the most palatable side of the other realistic title challengers. would much rather see them win it over any of the others if city don't and a Chelsea playing good football under Tuchel providing City with the biggest threat is much better than having the candle burners lurking or God forbid United with the most expensive squad in history actually providing a threat.

I agree with literally everything you've said.

We have to accept this one and take it on the chin. We now have a run of 6 very winnable games, so hopefully we can go into flat track bully mode.

Tuchel is one of those coaches who learns and adapts, so hopefully he will have learnt a lot and the game at the Etihad will be very different.
Different how? It will only be different if we drop below our best form or have injuries to key personnel. You have to hope for that. I think we showed who is the better football team albeit I still have a great deal of respect for Tuchel and a number of your players. You will stroll second and I hope we meet you again in the CL final.

This game is the exact reason why Chelsea will be far behind us come end of the season. They just don't have the ability to score enough goals, especially when Lukaku will go on one of his inevitable dry runs

This game is the exact reason why Chelsea will be far behind us come end of the season. They just don't have the ability to score enough goals, especially when Lukaku will go on one of his inevitable dry runs
I think that is overoptimistic in the extreme. I wouldn't count them out yet by any means. We may beat them to win the PL but I doubt it will be by much. We need to make sure there are very few Southampton performances if we are to retain the title.

Big up to @Vialli98 for coming on after a defeat and taking it like a champ.
Top poster.

Thanks man. It's just football at the end of the day. Sometimes our teams play great, sometimes they get played off the park. It is what it is. I'd find it very boring if there were no opposition fans to banter with or discuss the games with regardless of the results :)

Different how? It will only be different if we drop below our best form or have injuries to key personnel. You have to hope for that. I think we showed who is the better football team albeit I still have a great deal of respect for Tuchel and a number of your players. You will stroll second and I hope we meet you again in the CL final.

I don't know, I just hope with turn with a different approach, and maybe be a bit more prepared to be pressed and hounded for 90 mins, come up with a plan so we can be at least somewhat successful at playing around it. I don't think City, even at their best, are unbeatable, nobody is, but it would certainly take the very best of what we have to offer to achieve it.

One down two to go , thought the Chelski game would be the toughest game but far from it , a stroll in the park against a £500m team defending their own penalty box , imagine if you had to watch that shite every week.

I think Chelsea are built very well for that. Consistency will make you formidable. All teams need to do it if they want to win the league, city are comfortably the best at it when on form because the gulf in class shines through but I also think we are the team that needs the smallest drop off of form before we start dropping points because we don't have different approaches when it's not happening and our style doesn't lend well to nicking late goals with mounted pressure. Southampton being the prime example.

United just get penalties, Liverpool smash it in the box from their fullbacks from anywhere until one comes off and Chelsea have lukaku to aim for surrounded by very capable players.

I quite like Tuchel, he's a good manager. I think he could and should play more expansive football but we all know how cut throat Abramovich is in demanding instant success. His current approach is the easiest to implement for the maximum output in thr shortest time. it's almost forced him to play this way because he won't be given the time to do anything else just like lampard so I don't lay any blame on him for playing a largely defensive game. I think if he has a good season this year and is given a decent contract and some assurances we might see a more attacking side from him.

whilst Chelsea has an unusually high percentage of moronic fans amongst your lot, I find chelsea to be by far the most palatable side of the other realistic title challengers. would much rather see them win it over any of the others if city don't and a Chelsea playing good football under Tuchel providing City with the biggest threat is much better than having the candle burners lurking or God forbid United with the most expensive squad in history actually providing a threat.

The title will come down to who can be the most consistent at beating the other 16 teams in the league. We'll take points off each other. City, to me, will probably be that team, but if we can rattle off 6 consecutive wins while you lot have to play Liverpool and United, that would put us in a good position.

Tuchel does play a very possession heavy game. It's how we've played against nearly every team since he's been here. He was visibly frustrated today on the sidelines and in the post match interview, and I sensed that frustration was our inability to escape City's press, our inability to handle the intense pressure on the ball etc. It certainly didn't sound like the plan was to just park the bus but it ended up being that way because of how City played.

Last edited:
the better teams can all beat each other over the season and next week will be no different
chelsea will give liverpool and united a game home and away.. that's why its a big win for city today because chelsea will take points of the other top clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.