Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I assumed that too. You're really light in defence this summer, unless he's planning on switching to four at the back. Wasn't there also talk of Azpilicueta leaving?

Yeah Alonso is now on the verge of joining Barca, but thankfully Azpi has extended for 2 more years. Would rather keep him than spend £40m on Dumfries.

Yeah Alonso is now on the verge of joining Barca, but thankfully Azpi has extended for 2 more years. Would rather keep him than spend £40m on Dumfries.
I'm not sure Azpi has much to offer at this level any more. Seemed like his legs went a year or so ago.

I'm not sure Azpi has much to offer at this level any more. Seemed like his legs went a year or so ago.

He doesn't really, but he provides leadership and I suppose can provide cover at RCB and RWB when needed. I just would rather keep him than buy Dumfries. Also worth pointing out that Livramento's buy back clause becomes active next summer, so keeping Azpi around until then kind of works out nicely :)

Cucurella can play left of the three left back plus left wing back and only 23/24 if he stays and play for 8/10 years at a high standard 62m is a fair value we will only know that in a year or two of him playing if he is up to it at a high level

As long as they stick with a back three they're not a threat to us so I hope that's exactly how they plan to use him.

Raz is frustration personified and the Spanish Dave Lee Travis looks every inch a 35m pound City left-back

He doesn't really, but he provides leadership and I suppose can provide cover at RCB and RWB when needed. I just would rather keep him than buy Dumfries. Also worth pointing out that Livramento's buy back clause becomes active next summer, so keeping Azpi around until then kind of works out nicely :)

Livramento looked an exciting prospect before his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.