Chelsea v Us

Pingu the Penguin

I think I heard a stat on saturday that said they'd had 7 players start every league game this year

If so, they've been fairly fortunate in terms of form, injuries and suspensions....perhaps more than we have

Surely that can't continue....?

Mourinho doesn't seem to be a huge fan of rotation, he has his best team and Injuries permitting, he sticks to it. Costa is the intersting one, if he gets injured I truly think they'll struggle.

They look very strong, but imagine them with no Terry for 3-4 weeks, no Fabregas.....

I think they'd get by without costa as they have a wider goal threat

Pingu the Penguin said:
I think I heard a stat on saturday that said they'd had 7 players start every league game this year

If so, they've been fairly fortunate in terms of form, injuries and suspensions....perhaps more than we have

It will catch up on them later in the season. You can't compete in four competitions & not rotate the squad.

With a bit of luck they'll get all their injuries and suspensions together.

They've been over hyped all season, but in the absence of united, liverpool, and arsenal, the media can only fawn over Mourinho and his super stars, though I suspect united will feature more now (until their next shambolic defensive show).

Let them get on with it, we can carry on being played down, it only matters after 38 games, not 13, 25 or even 37 (unless its over).

Pingu the Penguin said:

It will catch up on them later in the season. You can't compete in four competitions & not rotate the squad.

Hihosilva said:
Pingu the Penguin said:

Physio room reporting that Chelsea only 1 injury, City 5 and Newcastle 13!!!!

Always seems to be that way with them. Last year they had virtually no injuries. Certainly having powder puff Champions League draws early in the season is a lasting factor I would think.

Anyway, I think the rest of the league is starting to catch onto them. They won at Anfield due only to staggering ref largesse (the like of which is sometimes seen in City matches, but never for us). And Sunderland closed down Costa and Fabregas without that much trouble.

I said earlier in the season I thought they would struggle away from home against lower sides. I think Sat was the first sign of that. If we can break our SoL bogey, we could well end Xmas within a couple of points of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.