Chelsea vs City Post Match Thread

Third game on the trot now we've won against "Shit" opponents. There's only one constant though and it's us. Maybe we're hitting out stride.

Who knows, the league is still possible ;-)

To be fair Yaya + Dinho vs Mikel + Fabregas isn't the same as what most people don't like Yaya facing in a 2. Depends on opposition & how they've set up.

He had a good match I thought. Kept the ball moving, kept possession well & even won a few tackles. The amount of headers he won at Chelseas corners was great to see too.
in fairness, Yaya has been decent for some time now. Whether it was vs an energetic Liverpool midfield at the League Cup final or against a 'weaker' Chelsea team on saturday, he's done well. If he had played vs PSG and we won, people would highlight the absence of Veratti, Matuidi and Motta (to a lesser extent), as reasons why he coped. It's all about opinions as we all can't agree on issues.

No complaints here, we were/are dog shit, City tore us apart.

10 home defeats with still two games to go v the top two, possibly 12 home defeats only a year after being League Champions, shocking & self inflicted.
You had some chances early on ,another note what has happened about the tribunal with the Doc

Excellent game, City not winning the league this year is quite absurd if you see how they can play ...
A lot of people say it might have been a diff story if Kev hadn't been injured, but I'm not sure, the last weeks before his injury were definitely not his best, but his überefficiency may have won City a couple of points more. I just feel he's come back way stronger than he was before.
First 60 min absolutely brilliant, disappeared a bit in the last 30 min but game was decided anyway. I would have loved to see him take the penalty though, or slotted home on his one-on-one w Courtois. Wonder if Pep can turn him into a 90 min performer, if so he's going to be a worldbeater ...

The match thread on the shed end isn't pretty. A lot of them comparing him to Lampard and aren't very happy he was sold.
Quite rightly so.
And now City should get in on Hazard too. He's going to be a bargain after this sh** season of his, and he'll be an absolute masterpiece in City's style of play, and definitely when properly managed by the likes of Pep. People dissing him a lot now, but don't forget what a class player he truely is, best touch in the game. It's no accident that he won YPOYT twice in France and once in the Prem and 1x POTY both in France and England ... and he's still only 25. Get in!

Not for me. Navas was superb today and has been good all year.
Although I agree on the level of work rate, the speed, the infiltration etc. that he brings, he still just doesn't the deliver the numbers that you may expect from an attacking player in a club like City.
However, I'm not convinced Sterling is the answer to that.
As I said in my previous post, maybe get Hazard in cheap and get the most out of him again. City would be to drewl over if that could happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.