Chelsea vs City Post Match Thread

No complaints here, we were/are dog shit, City tore us apart.

10 home defeats with still two games to go v the top two, possibly 12 home defeats only a year after being League Champions, shocking & self inflicted.

Another well-balanced appraisal from Chelsea Lad ... who seems to know his football.

You'll be back at the top before long so I look forward to a meeting of equals soon enough. The only question mark is who'll stay at Chelsea with no Champion's League footy. That'll be a test of loyalty.

Quite rightly so.
And now City should get in on Hazard too. He's going to be a bargain after this sh** season of his, and he'll be an absolute masterpiece in City's style of play, and definitely when properly managed by the likes of Pep. People dissing him a lot now, but don't forget what a class player he truely is, best touch in the game. It's no accident that he won YPOYT twice in France and once in the Prem and 1x POTY both in France and England ... and he's still only 25. Get in!
They'd never sell Hazard to us, but there again I never thought they'd sell Mata to ManUre and Ramirez to anyone so hope spring eternal. Just imagine our team now if we'd managed to get Hazard and Sanchez. With another top striker we'd be unstoppable.

They'd never sell Hazard to us, but there again I never thought they'd sell Mata to ManUre and Ramirez to anyone so hope spring eternal. Just imagine our team now if we'd managed to get Hazard and Sanchez. With another top striker we'd be unstoppable.
Amen to that!
With all due respect to Sterling & Navas but they 'd be knocked back to league cup action if that could happen.
However, Sanchez to City, I think that's way more unlikely than Hazard.

in fairness, Yaya has been decent for some time now. Whether it was vs an energetic Liverpool midfield at the League Cup final or against a 'weaker' Chelsea team on saturday, he's done well. If he had played vs PSG and we won, people would highlight the absence of Veratti, Matuidi and Motta (to a lesser extent), as reasons why he coped. It's all about opinions as we all can't agree on issues.
We actually had Fernando, Fernandinho & Yaya on for the LC final; yes Yaya was deeper but Dinho helped out in midfield significantly. This wasn't a "weaker" Chelsea CM pairing IMO, it's their usual one of late - difference being Mourinho stuck Ramires in there & made it a 3 which caused the problems last few seasons. Like I said it's about being tactical & depends on opposition/how they've set up.

Not doubting there are people who just hate on Yaya for the sake of it, similar with Bony/Navas/Mangala/Otamendi etc. however I believe the "Yaya in a 2 vs a strong 3 in midfield" is a legitimate tactical worry at times. Like you said though he's been playing well of late - on the flip side we've been very good without him also of late.

Quite rightly so.
And now City should get in on Hazard too. He's going to be a bargain after this sh** season of his, and he'll be an absolute masterpiece in City's style of play, and definitely when properly managed by the likes of Pep. People dissing him a lot now, but don't forget what a class player he truely is, best touch in the game. It's no accident that he won YPOYT twice in France and once in the Prem and 1x POTY both in France and England ... and he's still only 25. Get in!

Absolutely not. Hazard is a prime example of a flat track bully and soon as things get tough he doesn't want to know. He's been a disgrace this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.