Cheltenham Festival 2012

Ricster said:
Does anybody know if Donald McCain will be sending Our Mick to the Festival?

I see the horse is declared for the JLT handicap chase on the tuesday at a really nice weight of 10-10.

I realise he's a novice, and maybe the novice races will be too hot for him, hence him not being entered in those, but to come a 3L 3rd behind For Non Stop last time out, and having backed him on his 3 previous wins before that i'd feel rather silly if i didnt back him if he runs.

An absolute gutsy horse, that will run and run all day. If you didnt see his last race at Newbury have a look, especially if you look for e/w shots at the festival and at top price 20's he's a huge price with some firms.

Well thats the only entry hes got and he will get in the race rating wise so i'd expect him to turn up unless he suffers a setback. Pretty obvious why they have stayed away from the RSA but he could have run in the Jewson. Maybe they are thinking that his mark is lenient and will run very well off it and the prize money isnt bad either.
Hold On Julio to win it for me but if Our Mick does turn up then i'll be on e/w. Just look back at his nhf and hurdle form, this horse has been consistently good all of his career, just hasnt got the recognition.

niall_mcfc said:
Ricster said:

I see the horse is declared for the JLT handicap chase on the tuesday at a really nice weight of 10-10.

I realise he's a novice, and maybe the novice races will be too hot for him, hence him not being entered in those, but to come a 3L 3rd behind For Non Stop last time out, and having backed him on his 3 previous wins before that i'd feel rather silly if i didnt back him if he runs.

An absolute gutsy horse, that will run and run all day. If you didnt see his last race at Newbury have a look, especially if you look for e/w shots at the festival and at top price 20's he's a huge price with some firms.

Well thats the only entry hes got and he will get in the race rating wise so i'd expect him to turn up unless he suffers a setback. Pretty obvious why they have stayed away from the RSA but he could have run in the Jewson. Maybe they are thinking that his mark is lenient and will run very well off it and the prize money isnt bad either.
Hold On Julio to win it for me but if Our Mick does turn up then i'll be on e/w. Just look back at his nhf and hurdle form, this horse has been consistently good all of his career, just hasnt got the recognition.
Hold on Julio was one I'd picked out for the Grand National, he ticks almost every box in terms of having the right profile. Our Mick is definitely worth an ew tickle

LongsightM13 said:
niall_mcfc said:
Ricster said:

Hold on Julio was one I'd picked out for the Grand National, he ticks almost every box in terms of having the right profile. Our Mick is definitely worth an ew tickle

He'll have to jump better than he did last time if im to back him for the National. He hit nearly every fence and he cant get away with that at Aintree.

Regarding Our Mick, McCain is discussing his stable in detail in the Racing Post today. Says the horse has a 'tentative' entry in the JLT at Cheltenham but says it is still a possibility he will miss the festival and go to Aintree instead. So no clearer really, though he does say the stable 'found out at Newbury that two and a half miles was just sharp enough for him in a good race'

LongsightM13 said:
Regarding Our Mick, McCain is discussing his stable in detail in the Racing Post today. Says the horse has a 'tentative' entry in the JLT at Cheltenham but says it is still a possibility he will miss the festival and go to Aintree instead. So no clearer really, though he does say the stable 'found out at Newbury that two and a half miles was just sharp enough for him in a good race'

Just want to say thanks for the heads up on Our Mick guys.

L'brokes are doing No runner, No bet now, so just been accross and got stuck in. £20 e/w @ 20/1

Had an email from the Telegraph, they're doing their Fantasy Cheltenham again, first prize is a grand and an iPad. So you can do that one for the money and leighton's tipser for the glory

^^the racing post have a Cheltenham guide/mag out in the newsagents tomorrow mate.

Got a tip for the County Hurdle. Jessie Harringtons Citizenship I got it at 14/1 last night and its gone into 11/1 with paddy power I have been told to do it each way but they feel it has a great chance of winning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.