Cheltenham Festival 2012

After scoring three times with ante post ew tickles at 33, 18 and 14 on day one, along with my more fancied winners, not had any luck with my festival longshots since.
However, hoping a couple can go well today, including Bradley and Rowdy Rampage in the Foxhunters at a huge 50-1 and 33-1 respectively (tips from a posh fella), while Molotof has the class and grit to defy a big weight in the 4.40 at a chunky 16s. West Brit is way overpiced at 50s in the Triumph.
Still, had a great festival so far, with a decent saver on Sir Des Champs yesterday after bad vibes emerged about Peddlers Cross and the Pipe yard generally means I've had the winner of the first on each day, which is always a blessed relief.

1.30 - Pearl Swan
2.05 - Snap Tie
2.40 - Boston Bob
3.20 - Long Run - (Fancy Weird Al for an E/W bet)
4.00 - Cloudy Lane

WOW...And he turned up for work this morning..

A stable lad belonging to the Nicky Henderson stable has won around £1million in an accumulator bet on five of the yard's runners at the Cheltenham Festival this week.

The winner was named by a number of national newspapers as 31-year-old Conor Murphy.

His bet is believed to be have been placed with Bet365 late last year, when the odds would have been much bigger, and featured Sprinter Sacre on Tuesday, Simonsig, Finian's Rainbow and Bobs Worth on Wednesday, and Riverside Theatre on Thursday.

Bet365 declined to confirm details, but Pat Cooney, spokesman for the firm, told the Guardian: "We're pleased for all our customers who've had a winning day today but we don't discuss individual accounts.

"This one particular customer's had an extremely good time of it."

Clare Balding tweeted: "The lad who looks after Finian's Rainbow had a 5-timer on Nicky Henderson winners & has won £1 million! Says he'll still be at work tomorrow."

On Wednesday, Henderson overtook the late Fulke Walwyn as the trainer with the most wins at the Festival. He saddles Gold Cup favourite Long Run on Friday.

The trainer told the Daily Mail: "I've just heard about it - it's absolutely wonderful. He's such a lovely lad, one of the nicest you could ever meet.

"He's my top guy and I am absolutely thrilled about it."

I went out to help the wife do the shopping and he was 9/4 when I got back so lobbed £50 on at that price.

My horse for the day is Ubi Ace, 25-1 at bet365 but 14 at ladbrokes, he has never ran a bad race and was very unlucky trying to concede weight over a stone and a half to Stormy Weather in the Scottish county hurdle.

I have had several bets at that price and am tempted to keep going, I will be in tears either way if it wins or loses now lol

Also Pearl Swan must have a cracking chance in the first 3lb better off with a horse that he beat in Grumeti before being relegated to 2nd for minimul interferance in my eyes (I got paid out as 1st past the post lol) he is bound to have come on leaps and bounds for that experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.