Cheltenham Festival 2012

The cookie monster said:
LeeOnePen said:
I've said it before, but I think the ghost of Gloria Victis will stop Pipe going for the Gold Cup.
You did and i agree,Grand crus could be finished if it lines up in the GC..

Even the 3 novice races its had have been a 4 runner 6 runner & 7 runner events and he wants to have a go at the biggest race of them all...How the fuck is this horse about 6/1?
The only staying hurdler to get near Big Bucks in years. Second in the World Hurdle last year so has good festival form.
Ran a much faster time than both Long Run and Kauto Star over the same course and distance at Cheltenham on the same day earlier this season.
Loads of scope for improvement.
A future superstar in the making

LongsightM13 said:
The cookie monster said:
LeeOnePen said:
I've said it before, but I think the ghost of Gloria Victis will stop Pipe going for the Gold Cup.

Even the 3 novice races its had have been a 4 runner 6 runner & 7 runner events and he wants to have a go at the biggest race of them all...How the fuck is this horse about 6/1?
The only staying hurdler to get near Big Bucks in years. Second in the World Hurdle last year so has good festival form.
Ran a much faster time than both Long Run and Kauto Star over the same course and distance at Cheltenham on the same day earlier this season.
You could be right about the Future remark thats why young david should have a long hard think...Just way to early for this year imo & hurdles form as you know doesnt always follow on over the bigger obstacles just ask Big Bucks.

The Champion hurdle could be the race of the festival
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cJ6Wqw6DGk[/youtube]

The cookie monster said:
LongsightM13 said:
The cookie monster said:

You could be right about the Future remark thats why young david should have a long hard think...Just way to early for this year imo & hurdles form as you know doesnt always follow on over the bigger obstacles just ask Big Bucks.
Yep, I personally would run him in the RSA this year but it doesn't look like a very good Gold Cup — both Long Run and Kauto, if he runs, are very beatable and I think connections might well be tempted. At 6-1 nrnb he is nailed on for at least a place imo and could very well piss it.

welcometomanchester said:
Im looking forward taking my break in work just before the off in the gold cup. Sitting down and watching captain Chris bring me home the bacon at 40s and 50s. Come on the captain
Not certain to run, apparently
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=racing/12/03/01/RACING_Gold.html&BID=464" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news ... ml&BID=464</a>
CAPTAIN CHELTENHAM RUN IN LIMBO
Captain Chris is still not a definite runner at the Cheltenham Festival.
Last year's Arkle winner has had an interrupted campaign, unseating Richard Johnson at the last in the Haldon Gold Cup, finishing third after a setback in the King George and then pulling up at Cheltenham in the Argento Chase after jumping alarmingly to his right.
Trainer Philip Hobbs concedes his charge has always had a tendency to go to his right but if he does go to Cheltenham it will be for the Gold Cup.
"I certainly hope we haven't seen the best of him this season and at this stage it's not definite that he'll definitely go to Cheltenham," Hobbs told At The Races.
"I just want to be happy, but things are going the right way.
"Ever since his very first hurdle race he has always gone right, this is nothing new.
"He's had lots of physio from various people and at home he's the same as he always has been.
"If we are very happy with him he'll run at Cheltenham and I suppose the Gold Cup is more likely than the Ryanair as they'll go a bit slower over a longer trip, but we need to be very happy with him before he runs."

I know I've asked before but think might be going on the Tuesday. No coaches from Manchester which is very very annoying so looks like driving. I know traffic won't be great but that's a given. Anyone know a cheap ish way of getting there?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.