Cheltenham Town (A) | Post-Match Thread

If we don’t win 6- 0 - your that good, lucky
Can't win really can we. We smash them 10-0 live on BBC 1 on a Saturday evening and Pep would be slaughtered for doing a Burton on them. He did the right thing in fielding the team he started with. Gave Cheltenham the respect they deserved. Well done Cheltenham.
fab words.just about to post similar myself but not so succinctly.

At least @Semper aggressus can hold his head up high on social media

Shite first half, two glaring misses second half but class will out, Murphy managed to get his autobiography out in audio form tonight, utter fucking clown.

It’s not social media that pisses me off, it‘s the dicks on BT/Sky/BBC Sport that never give us any credit. Even the Centurions season it was grudging or ‘ruining football’, ‘disrespectful’.

They cannot wait for us to lose a game, or find something to criticise. Yet fucking rags only have to win a game and every fucking gobshite pundit is queuing up to spout sycophantic bollocks. It really fucks me off.

Anyway, I shouldn’t post in the match thread anymore, I get too angry about City. No idea why.

I think it was a very slow pitch, which always makes those challenges much less dangerous, they had some agricultural looking tackles but not with any great speed behind them, and our players weren't getting outraged with the refereeing.
Our players were pissed off with the refereeing but I’m not sure what outrages would look like.

There were two attempts at hacking Foden down on his run from the halfway, there was a good number of blatant pushes in the first half.

Every half challenge by our players was punished with a free kick.

Can agree with 60% of that. Mahrez hadn't the beating of Freestone throughout although he did swing in some dangerous crosses
Harwood Bellis was playing right back and it's just not his position really .
Doyle was excellent first half but faded later.
Foden superb - will really help as KDB is now injured .
Gundogan settled things down when he came on. Moving the ball faster ,moving CTL around the pitch ,tiring them
Cancelo added a crossing /passing dimension which we lacked.
Dias didn't do too much but seriously he does have that air of confidence that gives all of the players a boost. What presence. His sheer addition on the field of play woke the team up.
Laporte was definitely fouled for their goal.No wonder he ran up to the referee.
Tozer also stole 7 - 10 yards up the line for that throw in. No wonder Pep actually got in the refs face to complain the next time he tried to do the same from roughly the same position after we were winning 2-1.
Great subs by Pep. btw
Garcia was sublime first half. No excuse though for the goal as May has got to be picked up.
Cancelo is really coming into his own now and will become one of our main players but gundo for me has been fantastic this season and you can now see why pep rates him so highly .

Surely part of the managers job to rotate and keep them all happy unless he's suddenly terrible in training? I worry the dippers will come sniffing otherwise.
With Klopp’s recent comments, you can chill mate as there’s no way in the world FSG will fork out the £100 mill + we’d be asking for ;)
Warms the cockles of my heart knowing that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.