Cheltenham Town (A) | Post-Match Thread

Great but of fun in the mud that was. I wouldn’t have been massively bothered if we’d lost, because Of the future fixture pileup, but it was great to see the big boys come off the bench and go “fuck off, we aren’t losing this tie”.

great subs from the master.

Okay, how about lazy, cant even be arsed against a League 2 team, who's left back still has him in his pocket around about midnight
Why would an opposition left back have our left back in his pocket? I realise you don’t rate Mandy but is he supposed to be playing right wing and left back?

Have to say I really enjoyed the game, great to see a League 2 side have a go like that, rather than the 8 man defence we often face in the PL, and they didn't just lump it forward either they played football, I wish them all the best, and their manager seems like a very good bloke. There's players at Cheltenham that should be playing at a higher level (and hopefully will get their wish with Cheltenham), their captain probably played the game of his life, but he was brilliant and worked so hard for his club, the header away and over from Mendy's shot was incredible.

City were disappointing until late on, but had we scored after 20 seconds, it would have been very different, but I'm glad it was how it was. Though I was annoyed at us, even with 10 minutes to go I thought we'd do it.

Positives.

We refused to give up again.
Foden's performance.
I thought Steffen had a good game, dealt with a lot of crosses well.
Doyle's set pieces were a threat, his corners often very good.
Good to see Laporte back, looked a bit rusty at times, but he was OK.
Fernandhino kept trying to drive us forward with some very good passes.
We won.

I'm not going to list the negatives, 4 players looked liked they had won a raffle to play for us, but without 2 of them we'd have had to have played extra time.

Not our best performance, but we missed several of our best players until the last 15-20 minutes.

Cancelo is really coming into his own now and will become one of our main players but gundo for me has been fantastic this season and you can now see why pep rates him so highly .
I’ll hold my hands up & be honest i’ve been seriously unimpressed with gundo on the whole, but fair play to him he’s been brilliant further forward recently & long may it continue :)

Some fucking ridiculous comments on here.

We played a team for whom was not just a game, not even their cup final, it was the game of their lives. Leaving NOTHING on the pitch.

And we fielded a team with 10 changes. 10. Players who have barely had s kick in weeks.

In this context this is a solid result. La Porte wasn't great but what do you expect after a long lay off? Mendy actually looked half decent at times, which makes a change.

Mahrez was actually OK, other than his usual being knocked off the ball like a 12 year old girl. But that's just Mahrez. He absolutely needs to man up.
Mahrez was bobbins

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.