Jonny-Rocks Stadium, Cheltenham, UK

Live TV: BBC One (UK)

Referee: Stuart Attwell
Assistant Referees: Constantine Hatzidakis, Ian Hussin

Fourth Official: Andrew Madley

VAR: VAR is NOT in use for this tie

SA.jpg

Kick-off Times Worldwide

A few people have suggested they find the kick-off time listed on top useful to calculate what time the game would be in their region, so I'm adding this little worldwide kick-off times section in Pre-Match threads from now. Do let me know if you find this useful and something to keep or if it's too much and not needed?

1611260541551.png

EDIT 2: OK, I have ditched the City's flawed map and have built my own from scratch ... I can now add or remove whatever city or timezone we want in here ... so just let me know where you're based (if not already mentioned in the new map above) and I'd happily add your timezone in there. For starters I have just added 20 zones spread out.

FA Cup Rules

Although the last round wasn't too long ago, here are a few quick reminders to this year's updated cup rules again ...

VAR
Some ties will have the use of VAR but some others won't ... unlike the last round, this one of ours does NOT have VAR. I guess it's the grounds that have the facilities installed would have it and those in the lower leagues won't.

Substitutes
The no. of subs allowed in the game are five and the no. to named on the bench have also increased from seven to nine, while using only three slots during the game when subs can be made other than half time.

Concussion Subs
Should any player or players suffer from concussion during the game, than two extra concussion subs are allowed per game. That's in addition to the normal five allowed and irrespective of what time in the game they're used.

Drawn Ties
In case of a draw, the games will go to extra-time (when a sixth sub is allowed as well) and then on to penalties, so an eventual winner is to be decided on the same day ... with no replays this year.

Pre-Match Thoughts

After dispatching the Championship side in the last round, we now have a League Two side to face in the fourth round of the FA Cup ... I don't know what all the draw conspiracies were, after a home draw last time, now we have to play away this time ... oh, well, can't always get everything at home.

Cheltenham Town currently occupy the sixth spot in the EFL League Two table ... right towards the top in the play-off places. They have played 23 games so far (W10 D7 L6) and are on 37 points ... just four points shy off the top spot (41 pts) ... so as far as their own league is concerned, they're flying high and perhaps in other circumstances that would be their focus ... but Man City doesn't come visit every other week so this for them will be the so called "cup final" and they'd be well up for it.

These are their (and our) games around this tie:

Cheltenham Town
Tue 19 - 7:00pm - Newport County (H) - League Two
Sat 23 - 5:30pm - This Cup Tie (H) - FA Cup R4

Tue 26 - 7:00pm - Oldham Athletic (H) - League Two

Manchester City
Wed 20 - 6:00pm - Aston Villa (H) - Premier League
Sat 23 - 5:30pm - This Cup Tie (A) - FA Cup R4
Tue 26 - 8:15pm - West Bromwich Albion (A) - Premier League

I have no idea what team Pep will put out, last time in Round 3 I had expected some rotation and predicted at least two or three kids to start but none started and Pep put an almost first team out. Now the opposition may be a further two leagues below than the one we faced last time, but the game is now a Round 4 game as opposed to Round 3 and we all know how Pep takes each cup very seriously and our teams only get further stronger and more ambitious with each round.

Given the tight schedule we've been playing already and another game coming up with another two days gap after this one - and now our position in the league - should dictate changes are definitely possible and required. Also keeping in mind that it's a League Two side in the end that we're facing and even our weakest team (on paper) should be enough to see us through ... but only Pep knows what Pep will do.

The only thing I can say with absolute certainty is that Steffen will start in goal ... and maybe, just maybe KdB will be rested (but might still be on the bench). After that I have no idea and anyone's guess would be as good as mine ...

Under normal circumstances, there'd be a lot to be excited about this tie ... a new team to play, a new away ground, a decent amount of City supporting locals in that area (their manager's own family supports City apparently) ... and the game being picked by BBC to be shown on free terrestrial TV channel would be all the things we'd have cherished greatly ... while all those are still valid but the current circumstances (of the national lockdown and no fans allowed) kind of dampens the mood a little - so just like the game we just saw, it's just the next one in another few days ...

Match Prediction

Cheltenham Town 0 - 4 Manchester City

No matter what side we put out, we should get through to the next round to face Swansea City or Nottingham Forest (who face each other at 3pm on same day so we'd know who awaits in the next round before we kick this one off).

C'mon City ... still going strong in all four competitions this season and long may it continue!

PS. A great effort by City fans along with Cheltenham fans raising all that money via crowdfunding (see its separate thread re: Virtual Tickets) - that's still ongoing, so go and support if you already haven't and can.

Last edited:
Steffan; Cancelo Fernandinho Laporte Zinc; Doyle Bernardo; Torres Mahrez Sterling; Aguero

no Stones or Dias.

steffen
cancelo Garcia Laporte mendy
Doyle
bernardo dinho
mahrez Jesus Torres

I think Doyle deserves to start. He’s been really unlucky with covid and injuries when he probably could have played a few games

Emirates FA Cup 4th Round
Saturday 23rd January 2021

Cheltenham Town v
Manchester City

Kickoff: 5:30pm (UK)
Jonny-Rocks Stadium, Cheltenham, UK

Live TV: BBC One (UK)

Referee: Stuart Attwell
Assistant Referees: Constantine Hatzidakis, Ian Hussin

Fourth Official: Andrew Madley

VAR: VAR is NOT in use for this tie

View attachment 8601

Kick-off Times Worldwide

A few people have suggested they find the kick-off time listed on top useful to calculate what time the game would be in their region, so I'm adding this little worldwide kick-off times section in Pre-Match threads from now. Do let me know if you find this useful and something to keep or if it's too much and not needed?

View attachment 8603

FA Cup Rules

Although the last round wasn't too long ago, here are a few quick reminders to this year's updated cup rules again ...

VAR
Some ties will have the use of VAR but some others won't ... unlike the last round, this one of ours does NOT have VAR. I guess it's the grounds that have the facilities installed would have it and those in the lower leagues won't.

Substitutes
The no. of subs allowed in the game are five and the no. to named on the bench have also increased from seven to nine, while using only three slots during the game when subs can be made other than half time.

Concussion Subs
Should any player or players suffer from concussion during the game, than two extra concussion subs are allowed per game. That's in addition to the normal five allowed and irrespective of what time in the game they're used.

Drawn Ties
In case of a draw, the games will go to extra-time (when a sixth sub is allowed as well) and then on to penalties, so an eventual winner is to be decided on the same day ... with no replays this year.

Pre-Match Thoughts

After dispatching the Championship side in the last round, we now have a League Two side to face in the fourth round of the FA Cup ... I don't know what all the draw conspiracies were, after a home draw last time, now we have to play away this time ... oh, well, can't always get everything at home.

Cheltenham Town currently occupy the sixth spot in the EFL League Two table ... right towards the top in the play-off places. They have played 23 games so far (W10 D7 L6) and are on 37 points ... just four points shy off the top spot (41 pts) ... so as far as their own league is concerned, they're flying high and perhaps in other circumstances that would be their focus ... but Man City doesn't come visit every other week so this for them will be the so called "cup final" and they'd be well up for it.

These are their (and our) games around this tie:

Cheltenham Town
Tue 19 - 7:00pm - Newport County (H) - League Two
Sat 23 - 5:30pm - This Cup Tie (H) - FA Cup R4

Tue 26 - 7:00pm - Oldham Athletic (H) - League Two

Manchester City
Wed 20 - 6:00pm - Aston Villa (H) - Premier League
Sat 23 - 5:30pm - This Cup Tie (A) - FA Cup R4
Tue 26 - 8:15pm - West Bromwich Albion (A) - Premier League

I have no idea what team Pep will put out, last time in Round 3 I had expected some rotation and predicted at least two or three kids to start but none started and Pep put an almost first team out. Now the opposition may be a further two leagues below than the one we faced last time, but the game is now a Round 4 game as opposed to Round 3 and we all know how Pep takes each cup very seriously and our teams only get further stronger and more ambitious with each round.

Given the tight schedule we've been playing already and another game coming up with another two days gap after this one - and now our position in the league - should dictate changes are definitely possible and required. Also keeping in mind that it's a League Two side in the end that we're facing and even our weakest team (on paper) should be enough to see us through ... but only Pep knows what Pep will do.

The only thing I can say with absolute certainty is that Steffen will start in goal ... and maybe, just maybe KdB will be rested (but might still be on the bench). After that I have no idea and anyone's guess would be as good as mine ...

Under normal circumstances, there'd be a lot to be excited about this tie ... a new team to play, a new away ground, a decent amount of City supporting locals in that area (their manager's own family supports City apparently) ... and the game being picked by BBC to be shown on free terrestrial TV channel would be all the things we'd have cherished greatly ... while all those are still valid but the current circumstances (of the national lockdown and no fans allowed) kind of dampens the mood a little - so just like the game we just saw, it's just the next one in another few days ...

Match Prediction

Cheltenham Town 0 - 4 Manchester City

No matter what side we put out, we should get through to the next round to face Swansea City or Nottingham Forest (who face each other at 3pm on same day so we'd know who awaits in the next round before we kick this one off).

C'mon City ... still going strong in all four competitions this season and long may it continue!

PS. A great effort by City fans along with Cheltenham fans raising all that money via crowdfunding (see its separate thread re: Virtual Tickets) - that's still ongoing, so go and support if you already haven't and can.
Yeah, with a PL game the following Tuesday surely he has to include a lot of youth and fringe this time.

PS I like the map - helps for things like cricket coverage and US sports too ;-)

Reactions: MAG
...........Steffen..............
Walker? THB Laporte Mendy
............Dinho...............
......Doyle.....Bernardo.....
Mahrez....Delap.......Torres

Palmer wasn’t with the EDS, and not on the bench tonight, so might not be ready. No idea if Aguero is back, maybe a sub performance

--------------------Steffen-------------------
Walker--------H. Bellis......Laporte-------Mendy
-------------------Doyle--------Rodri----------------
Mahrez------------------Foden-----------------Ferran
--------------------------Jesus--------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.