Chemo Brain/ Possible Brain Damage

Dr Jacoby

Even though I am thankful to have survived non-hodgkin’s lymphoma in 1998, I do worry that chemotherapy has severely impaired my cognition. I was only eight years old at the time but my mind has been extremely foggy ever since my recovery.

Now my mind is usually blank, I cannot concentrate and I have an abysmal memory.

According to a QEEG, I have abnormally slow theta waves in my temporal lobes and cerebellum. I may be having either transcranial magnetic stimulation or neurofeedback to see If any improvements can be made.

I have attempted to take my own life on three occasions because of my rather debilitating cognition issues. Even though it's a selfish act, I cannot see any point in living if I am to remain a vegetable my entire life.

If anyone can relate to such difficulties, I would be interested to know what helped you.

Many thanks.

While you have the ability to make decisions and are able to describe your condition and feelings so well, you are far from being a vegetable.
Chin up and fight on.

You come across as quite an articulate soul and post very well. Impecable musical tastes too so get them headphones on and get out in the afternoon sun as it's El Scorchio today.. Adios.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.