CHEQUES

Sir peace frog

Team supported
Manchester City Football Club
my daughter has had to pay for her student digs via a cheque,the cheque is dated for the 1st oct ,however her grant doesn't go into her account until estimated the 7th oct, will we be ok , or any help someone can give would be very grateful.

A cheque now clears in 24 hours through the banks, they digitally image it then send it electronically to the bank that issued it. So im afraid if they put it in on the 1st and she has no overdraft or funds to cover it it will bounce. Cant you lend her the money then once the grants gone in she will repay you.

Or speak to the landlord to explain the situation

A
my daughter has had to pay for her student digs via a cheque,the cheque is dated for the 1st oct ,however her grant doesn't go into her account until estimated the 7th oct, will we be ok , or any help someone can give would be very grateful.
Bout 4 working days to clear a cheque so could well bounce, can't she post date it for the 3rd or 4th?

Yet another example of the 'joined up' thinking in this country. They know these dates way in advance and you would think that even the morons at the university could work that one out.

You know the rules...

Don't mean to pry but why are the student funds so late, should be round about the start of term (mid Sept) or was she a late applier?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.