Chicken Balti Pies

Ricster

Today will be the last time i have one of these horrid, cheap, imitation. You used to serve me so well as a fill up at half time, but to see square bits of chicken is just wrong.

RIP

mate they are terrible!!

They used to be proper tasty!!

its all about the steak and onion outside! top notch!

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
MCFC BOB said:
Balti pies between 03/04 and 07/08 - I love them.

Balti pies between 08/09 and now - "Hi, can I have a meat and potato pie, please?"

Funny you should say that my mate asked for them at half time today and we were given chicken balti pies instead :(
I was given a cheese and onion pie instead. Awful.

MCFC BOB said:
Balti pies between 03/04 and 07/08 - I love them.

Balti pies between 08/09 and now - "Hi, can I have a meat and potato pie, please?"

Bob, i think from 08/09 they have changed yet again. I have to agree the Balti between 03/04 and 07/08 was the best pie ever. Even told that by a Kilmarnock fan, which his club is renowned for good pies.

But the first Balti change wasn't too bad. It was an alright substitute.

But now, there is no Balti taste to it, nor do i like these square chunks of chicken. Bring back the shredded chicken for starters, and add some god damn spice to it. There is no spice to it, it might aswell be called a Korma.

Par for the course on BM that someone finds something to moan about after a 5-0 win! How can you complain about finding chunks of chicken in a chicken pie??

lancs blue said:
Par for the course on BM that someone finds something to moan about after a 5-0 win! How can you complain about finding chunks of chicken in a chicken pie??

LB, they aren't just chunks of chicken, they are perfect small cubes. It just doesn't look right. Shredded chicken is what is needed, i also find that shredded chicken is more likely to melt away in your mouth than a cubed version.

I challenge you to buy a chicken breast and use the whole breast to make small perfect cubes. Its impossible, but somehow it has been done with these pies. The chicken is quite possibly processed and not what we deserve as a top 4 team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.