child protection issue,

brass neck

Can any social workers who work in this field P.M me and ill tell all when I get in from work at 9ish tonight. Got some concerns about a neighbours child and not sure what to do about it, not sure how important they are on a scale of 1-10 etc etc etc.

Ta

B.N

I was once a designated child protection officer at my place of work and if you worked in an area where you came into contact with children you would now be contractually required to report your concerns. I suggest you report it now. If your fears are substantiated time wasted taking advice could be critical.

Yeah and I'd report it to the police aswell just in case the muppets..err sorry people in child protection miss it as we all know these guys are always on the ball and even if somehow they fuck up, "they'll learn from the mistakes that were made"....

Yeah and I'd report it to the police aswell just in case the muppets..err sorry people in child protection miss it as we all know these guys are always on the ball and even if somehow they fuck up, "they'll learn from the mistakes that were made"....

said like someone who's never been nearer to it than the front page of The Sun.

denislawsbackheel said:

Right because some of these cases are never blatantly obvious and they're never culpable and they always learn from the mistakes that are made.

Might have been a generalised sensationalist reply but getting tired of hearing about these cases where so called trained professionals who are in charge of some of the most vulnerable people in our society are quite frankly doing a shockingly inept job and walking away scot-free under the proviso that what mistakes were made will never happen again.

Only till the next time it happens and history repeats itself.

Maineblue said:
denislawsbackheel said:

Right because some of these cases are never blatantly obvious and they're never culpable and they always learn from the mistakes that are made.

Might have been a generalised sensationalist reply but getting tired of hearing about these cases where so called trained professionals who are in charge of some of the most vulnerable people in our society are quite frankly doing a shockingly inept job and walking away scot-free under the proviso that what mistakes were made will never happen again.

Only till the next time it happens and history repeats itself.

Social worker s do a very difficult job very well, I suggest if you think you could do better you re-train as one.

On the whole I'm sure they do a fine admirable job in some stressful enviroments, I would just like something done when it's glaringly obvious that in some cases the relavent parties involved maybe even played a partially culpable role.

Take for example the case last week with the little girl murdered by the mentally disturbed 15 year old boy who was left in-charge by her questionable unfit mother.

The family of the childs father had on a few occasions warned the authorities involved about the safety of the child, with at one stage the grandmother of the child phoning one of the case workers involved twice about the childs safety only to be told no when asked later whether those calls were documented, that's not excusable.

Then roll on the spokesperson, it's wasn't anything we could have done, although the mother had a suspected drink and drug problem and had warnings on several occasions over her ability to look after the child, she loved the little girl(not questioning that) had been reported leaving her child in the questionable care of several parties.

Now I'm not saying this case was as cut and dry as some of the rest no one could have really expected that to happen, even if the boy had looked after the child on several occasions before without any incident somethings not right.

Maybe I am putting too much blame on the ability of the autorities to act in these case and more emphasis should be put on the suitability of people who are allowed to have children in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.