Children leaving home

Absolutely nothing to feel guilty about, I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision to make but sounds like you have had a tough time. Hope you and Mrs Frog get to spend some quality time together without asking yourselves if you deserve it.

Choked up reading this.
We had some very dark days with our daughter, but luckily she is able to live and prosper independently now.
Peace frog and BMR much love and respect.

Today is a big day for us,our daughter is leaving home and setting off into the big wide world,my other daughter is at uni in Liverpool and will be leaving for scouseland in about a month,leaving me and the mrs alone in the house on our own for the first time in 20 years.
it should be an exciting time but let me explain, my daughter who is moving out is 17 has cerebral palsy, and for the best part of 5 years has been like living with a very naughty and violent 2 year old in the body of a 17 year old,my mrs has been battered from pillar to post for the last 2 years and there was nothing to stop this,we haven't shared a bed for nearly 2 years and don't go out because there is no one who can cope with her,finally we decided she had to leave,but I have the feelings of guilt and of failure,she is going to a place where she will be well looked after and cared for and the people are trained in how to deal with her behaviour,but I cant help feeling we have failed her ,im hoping with the passing of time my feeling will subside and me and the mrs can get on with our own lives, because this has been a living hell for me and her.

just wanted to get this off my chest,cheers.

You have done well. You genuinely deserve the rest and the opportunity to get your life back. Hope it works out well for all of you.

No background, can’t imagkne for a second what’s going through your minds, but the best of luck. From the outside looking in you’re doing 100% the right thing for her and for you.

She needs that support that know how, to help her to. You and the Mrs need some time to recover and repaid. Best advice I can give is go away, go on holiday and just be

Sometimes, we think we are having a tough time. Then you read something like this. We don't know we are born. Well done pf to you and your mrs for battling thru. Best of luck, you both deserve it.
Edit. And all the best to you, BMR. Just read your post.

+1

quite embarrassed I wrote this post,i was at a bit of a low this morning, anyway we dropped her off at about 5pm and stayed for a couple of hours,funny thing is I sometimes think I can still hear her in the house,thanks for all the kind words,we will be fine once we get used to the silence and free time,the wife is going away for a week with the eldest daughter for a week in sept ,im going to get some fishing done and a bit of me time , thanks once again to all that's posted,

quite embarrassed I wrote this post,i was at a bit of a low this morning, anyway we dropped her off at about 5pm and stayed for a couple of hours,funny thing is I sometimes think I can still hear her in the house,thanks for all the kind words,we will be fine once we get used to the silence and free time,the wife is going away for a week with the eldest daughter for a week in sept ,im going to get some fishing done and a bit of me time , thanks once again to all that's posted,
Genuine, heart felt, all the best mate. Sounds tough as fu**, but right. All my love to your and yours

You and your Mrs are stars. Don't know either of you but you both sound like the most loving and caring parents any kid would love to have.
Inspirational.
X

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.