Chinese OSCs inc. Shenzhen Blues + Sun Jihai + China tours

I'm pretty sure Etihad destinations and growth potential mean far more to CFG than diaspora communities who they have little dealings with. Besides, if they wanted to appeal to the Hong Kong links, surely CFG would just buy a HK club?

If Guangzhou R&F were better rganised they'd have potential. The two clubs swap fans, week in, week out. There is no such thing as rivalry here. HK's league and clubs are too small. Wealthy but with a weak league. China and its clubs have growth and potential.

Fun fact: All of the cities with CFG clubs located within them have a Chinatown.

Yokohama has the biggest Chinatown in Asia, New York has three Chinatowns, and Melbourne has also had a Chinatown since 1854. More than likely completely coincidental, but perhaps that is something that made us a more intriguing option to our Chinese investors.

Fun fact: All of the cities with CFG clubs located within them have a Chinatown.

Yokohama has the biggest Chinatown in Asia, New York has three Chinatowns, and Melbourne has also had a Chinatown since 1854. More than likely completely coincidental, but perhaps that is something that made us a more intriguing option to our Chinese investors.

Not quite as fun fact: Did you know most China Towns were formed by Cantonese and Taiwanese fleeing China? Where they weren't the numbers were boosted by those same two people. That said great Chinese giant businesses followed...

Not quite as fun fact: Did you know most China Towns were formed by Cantonese and Taiwanese fleeing China? Where they weren't the numbers were boosted by those same two people. That said great Chinese giant businesses followed...

Someone told me a couple of months back that each Chinatown has its own signature dish that all restaurants in that city will serve, but you'll never really find anywhere else. Might be a load of nonsense, but it's interesting nonsense if it is.

Someone told me a couple of months back that each Chinatown has its own signature dish that all restaurants in that city will serve, but you'll never really find anywhere else. Might be a load of nonsense, but it's interesting nonsense if it is.

In Mancheter is that sweet and sour mashed potato in deep fried gravy-covered beer-battered chips?

I think that is believable, with so many local dishes in each province of China. After being fooled into eating thngs like duck anus and cow vagina in villages around Guangdong, I think anthing is possible.

In Mancheter is that sweet and sour mashed potato in deep fried gravy-covered beer-battered chips?

I think that is believable, with so many local dishes in each province of China. After being fooled into eating thngs like duck anus and cow vagina in villages around Guangdong, I think anthing is possible.
You just put me off my cornflakes...

TICKET NEWS!!!

I was at an event at the British Embassy in Beijing on Saturday and there was a MCFC representative promoting the derby who I collared and spoke to about the ticket situation. From what she said, there will be no tickets sold directly through the official website, they will all be going to 'ticket partners' aka legalised touts. I asked about needing a chinese ID card to buy them (you need one to buy tickets for Beijing Guoan matches online) and she said we won't need them and anyone can buy. I had been drinking a bit so forgot to note down the exact website name she said but they should go on sale at the end of the week.

Prices seem to be similar to the ones seen earlier on the shenzhen blues flyer- she said directly behind the goal in the city fan area would be 800kuai (about £80) but there were cheaper options available elsewhere. She also said that the way the ticket buying works is you will pay for the category of ticket in the area you want and then you won't find out your actual seat number until a week or so before the match.

I will do a bit of digging with my mate who has the reps contact details and post if I find the exact website she quoted but keep your eyes peeled around thursday/friday for news.

TICKET NEWS!!!

I was at an event at the British Embassy in Beijing on Saturday and there was a MCFC representative promoting the derby who I collared and spoke to about the ticket situation. From what she said, there will be no tickets sold directly through the official website, they will all be going to 'ticket partners' aka legalised touts. I asked about needing a chinese ID card to buy them (you need one to buy tickets for Beijing Guoan matches online) and she said we won't need them and anyone can buy. I had been drinking a bit so forgot to note down the exact website name she said but they should go on sale at the end of the week.

Prices seem to be similar to the ones seen earlier on the shenzhen blues flyer- she said directly behind the goal in the city fan area would be 800kuai (about £80) but there were cheaper options available elsewhere. She also said that the way the ticket buying works is you will pay for the category of ticket in the area you want and then you won't find out your actual seat number until a week or so before the match.

I will do a bit of digging with my mate who has the reps contact details and post if I find the exact website she quoted but keep your eyes peeled around thursday/friday for news.

UPDATE:

this is supposedly the official linked website. It's all in chinese which is helpful, but lists the prices as 400-2800kuai

http://m.228.cn/ticket-119724529.html

OK a better link than the one I posted before is this: http://www.228.com.cn/ticket-119724529.html

By the looks of things this is only pre-sale, including the seats for man city fans (the second bracket of 800 kuai tickets- first column second row) Using my not great mandarin skills and a translator it looks as though you pay now but there is no guarantee of tickets, they will provide on first come first serve basis and refund if unable to provide tickets. You can order a maximum of 30 at a time and you will need to sign up to the website to do it. You can pay with card but I haven't gone far enough along to see if it has to be a chinese one.

The cheap tickets come up with a sing which says not available but I'm not sure if thats because they've sold out or because they arent on sale yet.

By the looks of things the clubs are doing there best to get all of the tickets to the locals and none to the rest of the fans. I understand the whole point of pre season tours is to promote your team around the world etc but it takes the piss when they make it near impossible for their fans to go too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.