Chinese Consortium invests $400m in CFG

Just like china, there are no city fans in Wales either because i dont see anybody in City shirts walking the streets.................

my son plays for our local under 10's team and i would say approx 75% of them wear city shirts/training tops or have a city boots bag or hoodie etc etc.... so whilst we are still "little city" to the outside world, i know that there are many many youngsters who are now following city, which is completely the opposite to when i was a 10 year old when i only saw united, liverpool, spurs and the odd everton shirt.

i really cant wait to see where we will be at in another 30 years!!
75% wearing City stuff in Wales, or in Manchester?

A bloke on the radio last night pretty much said the same and I thought he spoke sense
He said that kids reach a certain age then watch something that then makes them support/follow a club and City need something seismic in Europe (Champs league win/smash Barcelona) for this to happen
The rags have been promoted on satellite telly since the inception of the Premier League and along with this, they've had an unprecedented period of success, which in turn means they have dominated domestic and foreign casual support
We are seven years in of HRH's ownership, with our first success being the FA Cup in 2011, followed by two league wins and a league cup
Like it or not, we are still very much in catch up, but we are gaining incredible momentum

Exactly, what we have done over the last 4 years will have little impact on people aged 10 and above as they have already nailed their allegance to other clubs. What you will now see is the youngsters finding an interest in the game and looking for team to support will be leaning towards us more strongly now than ever before. You won't see any big change for a number of years but when it does happen it will be very significant.

How would you feel long term if this led to possibly Premier League/FA matches being exported?

So we'd play our potential league cup semi/final in Beijing?

We watch every round, going to the stadiums in our country, then the club have some agreement which states they play a match in Shangai.

Would cost us shitloads to fly over there :/

Would you still support City if they even moved this club abroad?
The day this club no longer includes Manchester the day I'm out of here.
I'll be working in China next year, so bring it on!! ;) (tongue in cheek of course)

75% wearing City stuff in Wales, or in Manchester?

In wales mate, the club my son plays for has two under 10 teams and a vast majority of them have some kind of City footballing attire.

And when we have competitions sometimes in Cardiff or Swansea, there are just as many kids wearing City tops as any other clubs shirts so we are catching up!

Just like china, there are no city fans in Wales either because i dont see anybody in City shirts walking the streets.................

my son plays for our local under 10's team and i would say approx 75% of them wear city shirts/training tops or have a city boots bag or hoodie etc etc.... so whilst we are still "little city" to the outside world, i know that there are many many youngsters who are now following city, which is completely the opposite to when i was a 10 year old when i only saw united, liverpool, spurs and the odd everton shirt.

i really cant wait to see where we will be at in another 30 years!!

Interesting. I remember DD saying the same thing recently about Yorkshire where he lives. The last one to crack then is London and the South East where (despite the moniker) I live. We've got one of the biggest Saturday morning junior league sets up in the country right on our doorstep, and City shirts are still rarer than hen's teeth - maybe 1 or 2 out of some 300 kids aged between 7 and 13. By observation there are about 40% Chelsea, maybe 20% rags, 15% Candlepool, 15% The Arse, and 10% the rest (Spurs, Palace, Fulham etc). Just got to give it time I guess......

Hopefully following attractive, free-scoring and exciting football will also draw-in young fans with no other external influences. So that's the rags f**ked, then!!

Exactly, what we have done over the last 4 years will have little impact on people aged 10 and above as they have already nailed their allegance to other clubs. What you will now see is the youngsters finding an interest in the game and looking for team to support will be leaning towards us more strongly now than ever before. You won't see any big change for a number of years but when it does happen it will be very significant.

exactly. my son supports city because i do but his friends are wearing City shirts because of our success and having players like aguero, but their dads (who i went to school with) are either liverpool or united fans! its amazing to see :-)

It was! Though admittedly, I was watching the first fleeting moments of Melbourne Heart joining the CFG, so I'm sure it's going to eventually get better. But yeah, it's bad. And the Aussie's interpretation of football tactics etc is just weird. Kind of American. The one positive was I got a selfie with David Villa, which was decent.

Well at least that made it worth it. Just!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.