Chinese films , help required film buffs

big gaz

Over the last 2 weeks film 4 has shown House of the flying daggers and Red cliff both top class entertainment.
I am after the name of a film I saw a few years ago and the bit that sticks in my mind was after a battle for a city the victors got the prisoners in a square then put arches on the battlements and slaughtered the prisoners. I think the sub plot was about the generals plotting against the emperor
Thanks in advance and can any one recommend any other titles.

big gaz said:
Over the last 2 weeks film 4 has shown House of the flying daggers and Red cliff both top class entertainment.
I am after the name of a film I saw a few years ago and the bit that sticks in my mind was after a battle for a city the victors got the prisoners in a square then put arches on the battlements and slaughtered the prisoners. I think the sub plot was about the generals plotting against the emperor
Thanks in advance and can any one recommend any other titles.

Seems very very familiar, that. In fact, I'm sure Jet Li is in it.

But, then again, what's he not in...??

I used to watch a lot of Asian cinema and can't remember plots well but was it any of these historical epics:

Hero (the one with Jet Li in it)
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Musa
Legend of Suriyothai
The Emperor and the Assassin
The Banquet
Curse of the Golden Flower

Sure I`ve seen that . Same ending as 300 where he is stood by the gates and the sky is filled with arrows . I think its jet -li`s directorial . Someone has mentioned the Emporer and the Assassin , not too sure but it sounds about right,seem to remember he proves he bust up some other ninja called broken arrow/sword or such like to gain confidence of the emporer.My mind might of just made all that up :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.