Chinese made stuff.

Loving the quality of my home and away shirts, delivered quicker and cheaper than the club shop!

Chinese standards can be up or down but are hell of a lot better than the cheaper Indian created variants.

The textiles I sell are manufactured in China and as you say, it's all about holding them to a certain specification and quality
Half of our range is a traditional Scottish brand and is marketed at tourists
The Chinese love the stuff. They buy it by the tonne and take it back to the far East
If only they knew!
Doesn't it have to have a "made in" label though ?

Doesn't it have to have a "made in" label though ?

Country of Origin​

Unlike food products, clothing doesn’t legally have to carry any ‘country of origin’ labelling in the UK or EU. The UKFT point out that you can’t legally mislead a consumer about the country of origin, however (see footnote 3), so you have to be careful here, especially if you use a place name in your branding.

Footnote 3

“If a garment carried the British flag on it but it was made in Hong Kong, then the garment should include a label to that effect. Fraudulent origin labelling is illegal.”

See more at https://www.ukft.org/business-advice/labelling/#countryoforigin

I think it is also a customs requirement but there is nothing to stop you removing labelling afterwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.