Chinese made stuff.

If there was ever a time to stop buying Chinese products now would be the time, $24k a container, during a global container crisis.

It will never happen.
We ( the world ) are far far too reliant on Chinese products whether they are made in China or made somewhere else with Chinese parts.....and they know it.

Reactions: ell
Chinese copper pipes have been known to rust in air conditioning systems due to high iron content, leaking CFC s into the atmosphere,
Fucking disaster.

Meanwhile Chinese stainless steel goes rusty also.
If you're out buying a kitchen appliance with stainless steel doors or something take a little magnet and test it on the stainless steel, if it is magnetic there is a lot of iron in it and it's not real stainless steel.
I was watching a QI clip the other day about how the Soviets used to catch spies because their fake passports had staples in that didn't rust. That was apparently technology that the Soviets hadn't mastered by that point.

Back in the sixties and seventies things used to last forever, Sheffield steel, Made in England.
M&S clothes never wore out.

Back in the sixties and seventies things used to last forever, Sheffield steel, Made in England.
M&S clothes never wore out.

thats pretty much when planned obsolescence took off from my understanding. When you build something to last forever, you only sell 1 per person. when they die every 5/6 years you get repeat customers.

Chinese copper pipes have been known to rust in air conditioning systems due to high iron content, leaking CFC s into the atmosphere,
Fucking disaster.

Meanwhile Chinese stainless steel goes rusty also.
If you're out buying a kitchen appliance with stainless steel doors or something take a little magnet and test it on the stainless steel, if it is magnetic there is a lot of iron in it and it's not real stainless steel.
Talking of Air conditioning, China are still routinely using R22 refrigerant which is a HCFC with Ozone depleting potential (ODP). Nowhere near as bad as the older CFC's but still bad and with a high global warming potential (high CO2 equivalent by volume).

I work in the Surface Mount Technology industry.

We have machines manufactured in Japan, Singapore and China. The Chinese ones we have to check and check and check again before installation.

When carrying out maintenance or a routine repair the Chinese ones allen bolts always round off if they are done up stupid tight. No matter if you use a brand new allen key or a well used one.

Also from a manufacturing of the circuit boards point of view. I was talking to the Head of Maintenance at a large firm the other week. They had 17 lines operating at one point. Supplying circuit boards (mainly automotive) to a wide range of companies. They are now down to 12 lines as competition from China is incomparable, price wise, to what they have to charge.

For example a power steering unit circuit board for a Mercedes costs £450 in the UK. The Chinese can bang them out for £125.

Quality wise we all know the UK board will probably last 3 times longer.

I work in the Surface Mount Technology industry.

We have machines manufactured in Japan, Singapore and China. The Chinese ones we have to check and check and check again before installation.

When carrying out maintenance or a routine repair the Chinese ones allen bolts always round off if they are done up stupid tight. No matter if you use a brand new allen key or a well used one.

Also from a manufacturing of the circuit boards point of view. I was talking to the Head of Maintenance at a large firm the other week. They had 17 lines operating at one point. Supplying circuit boards (mainly automotive) to a wide range of companies. They are now down to 12 lines as competition from China is incomparable, price wise, to what they have to charge.

For example a power steering unit circuit board for a Mercedes costs £450 in the UK. The Chinese can bang them out for £125.

Quality wise we all know the UK board will probably last 3 times longer.
I worked in a factory many years ago making MODEM's. We had a batch of cheap Chinese electrolytic capacitors that had the leads the wrong way round (the longer positive lead was negative, but the heatshrink sleeve was the correct way (-ve to short lead)). We did a batch of 300 PSU's, and when they were fitted to the units to be soak tested prior to assembly the whole lot went up like a fireworks display when the benches were powered up.

Loads of stuff is made in china that people may be unaware of.
Bmw for instance, have an engine built there.
Triumph have complete bikes built in china, not all, but some. If you think you're buying british, you're not. They drape everything in the union flag, but they aren't as local as you might think...
Same goes for harley davidson, the new leccy bike is built in? Yep you guessed it.
Ironically the actual chinese bikes (sinnis, hyosung etc) have improved dramatically in the last few years, and will continue to do so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.