Chip pan chips.

everythingchangesbutblue

Not had proper chips done in a chip pan in must be over 15 years but got a real craving for some recently, can't even think of the last time i saw a chip pan in anyones house. Does anyone still use one. Sick to death of oven chips and chippy chips are just water these days. Think im gonna make a stew and do some with it.

Chip pan chips made with lard are the best ever but I have an actifry now which are ok but still not the same . Oven chips are awful .

well I cracked a few years ago - after "enjoying" lots of chalk filled oven chips - microwave ships are just awful too - I was in a shop and I saw real chip pans and though fuck it and bought one. I cut and cook my own chips - double frying them in sunflower oil and try and change the oil every 10 fries or so - which to be fair is a few months between changes - and I have to say your memory doesn't let you down they are mint. Like your mum used to make and all that. The smell and the like just has to be endured I am afraid. Oh and never fry anything else it there - just taints the oil.

Chip pan chips made with lard are the best ever but I have an actifry now which are ok but still not the same . Oven chips are awful .

They don't have to be. Cut your own chips as usual and spray them with one cal sunflower oil spray. Stick em in the oven on 230 for ten minutes, turn them over and spray them again and pop them back in for 10 -15 mins and it makes great chips. Not quite chip pan chips but better than the shit you get in a bag from Mcain.

I paid nine quid for a miner deep fat fryer from Aldi earlier in the year - was great for two lots of chips - now locked away never to be seen again

Get some decent chipping taters. Cut them into 1 inch thick chips. Boil them for five mins. Drain and let steam dry in the pan. Lather them with a good amount of olive oil and a little butter and loads of salt and pepper.

Cook them in a single layer, top shelf in a fully preheated oven at top temp. for 20 mins

Good as any chip pan chip.

If they are not then add a little more butter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.