Chris Bailey

Soulboy said:
1_barry_conlon said:
He's speculating again, he knows nothing as do most of the press.

Good point.Well made.

You and I both know that the days of Chris Bailey having anyone's ear at City have long gone. As you can see by the article, he only lists the players that the media have spoken about for the past month. Not ONE original thought.
This piece sounds like Bailey's opinion but he/MEN clearly have some level of access to the club, there has been a distinct change in MCFC/press relations since Mad Frank legged it, his policy was to pretend the press didn't exist.

sweep said:
Soulboy said:
Good point.Well made.

You and I both know that the days of Chris Bailey having anyone's ear at City have long gone. As you can see by the article, he only lists the players that the media have spoken about for the past month. Not ONE original thought.
This piece sounds like Bailey's opinion but he/MEN clearly have some level of access to the club, there has been a distinct change in MCFC/press relations since Mad Frank legged it, his policy was to pretend the press didn't exist.

I think you'll find that the MuEN are still outside looking in.

You need only read some of Chris Bailey's artciles to know that.

Only last week he did a big piece on City triggering RSC's £17m get out clause.

Now they're talking about negotiating a £20m deal. It can only be one or the other surely?

I don't think it's like the old Days of Royle and Keegan, when the City reporter was bessie mates. Bailey's job is now far more "cut and paste" from Newsnow!

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, with an exclusive sometime soon. Maybe.

sweep said:
Soulboy said:
Good point.Well made.

ADUGs policy to the press is decided by Simon Pearce..Who is not mentioned much nowadays, nor any other board member actually.

By intent I guess...

It doesn't matter who he signs, I think Hughes is in deep shit if the results don't improve. Thats when the tide will turn against him.

biffa said:
It doesn't matter who he signs, I think Hughes is in deep shit if the results don't improve. Thats when the tide will turn against him.

forever the optimist,eh..........................

Think Bailey used to have an ally in Tyrell - thats because he was one of about 3 people at city who would talk to him - but now other than chatting to the scouser who does the website at the reserves i think he has no inside knowledge.

Old ground but hes speculating, guess work, he may get 1/6 right and think job done. Like mysteg meg "tonights lottery winner will definatly be a women, or a man" bound to get it right.

Soulboy said:
sweep said:

I think you'll find that the MuEN are still outside looking in.

You need only read some of Chris Bailey's artciles to know that.

Only last week he did a big piece on City triggering RSC's £17m get out clause.

Now they're talking about negotiating a £20m deal. It can only be one or the other surely?

I don't think it's like the old Days of Royle and Keegan, when the City reporter was bessie mates. Bailey's job is now far more "cut and paste" from Newsnow!

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, with an exclusive sometime soon. Maybe.
No media outlet should have transfer details, that would be fucking dumb. My point was the MEN are no longer completely frozen out from the club.

When we look at the record of all The Newspapers only THE TIMES with 20.05% and THE SUN with around 15% have been right on signings to our club .the rest are below the above two and show its all made up to sell papers . I guess if we reviewed forums making correct calls on signings it would be more or less the same. WE could say the club gives nothing away and as its linked to inside informtion its just the same as Horse racing and the gambling industry.

We do how ever have quite a few DONKEYS playing for us and it needs a big foot to boot them out on loan or a free ..Dunne ..sell..Ball ..Sell.. T H Bein .Sell ..Vassell ...Sell... Benjarmi ..Sell..Jasper S ..Sell ..Jo ..Sell .( w.hen his sick note runs out ...Elano ..Sell ..( We had one good season from him ...).. M. Richards .Sell ..A shadow of his former self .

Happy new year to Everyone .

"No media outlet should have transfer details, that would be fucking dumb. My point was the MEN are no longer completely frozen out from the club."

You clearly know more than I do then.

It would be interesting if you could come up with any examples of this relationship between the MuEN and City... 'cos they know nothing of our incoming deals, or our outgoing deals, or ground development, or sometimes even where we've played our reserve matches!

When was the last time the paper had a Q&A session with the manager to enable him to give his views to the readership?

The point I was making is that if Chris Bailey doesn't know if RSC has a get out clause or not, and that he writes two different stories in the space of tbree days, then I'm not convinced he has that good a relationshiop with the club!

And organising Save our Sven campaigns might not have gone down too well at the club either!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.