Chris hughton sacked

It's been coming. Whilst staying up is obviously important they are an extremely negative time. The fans will put up with negativity(just about) if the team wins, see Burnley, but Brighton were not winning and only really stayed up because the 3 below them were absolutely terrible

Better to sack him now than 6 games into the season after spending the transfer budget

He was having an interesting looking conversation with Pep at the end of the game. Looked very downbeat.

I thought the same. Looked like Pep was comforting him.
Very fickle are chairman, always looking for a scapegoat. I don’t know how much money he had been given this season to strengthen.The decision seems harsh as he comes over as a decent guy. I hope he gets another job soon.
Their chairman had a big bet on the dippers winning the title.

Bit surprising but managers tend to have a level that they can't go above. Pulis, Bruce, Holloway, Warnock and others haven't been able to get their teams to stay in the PL or get to a decent points haul. The problem is that you've got to be sure you're getting a replacement who is better.

Jose Mourinho likes this post.
Ole GS does not like it.

I guess the chairman must have a replacement lined up. Seems a bit harsh but, as others have said, football has moved on and fans expect a better style of play. I am pretty confident that it will end in tears with Brighton relegated next season. Hughton will be quids in and will walk into a Championship job if he wants one. Some of the more "industrial" Brighton players will be worried about their future though.

When they got promoted they tried to play footy as much as they could. Many respected that. It does seem to have regressed into a more agricultural style slowly though.

I feel bad for Hughton but that is the nature of the beast sadly.

When they got promoted they tried to play footy as much as they could. Many respected that. It does seem to have regressed into a more agricultural style slowly though.

I feel bad for Hughton but that is the nature of the beast sadly.
In fairness I’m not sure clubs that don’t have a lot of money (ie not the “established” PL clubs) have much of a choice but to play a more direct style of football. They can’t afford players who are equipped to play the style that us or Spurs do successfully so end up with the Glenn Murrays or Kenneth Zohores of this world.

I don't think he can have any complaints really. 10 behind the ball at times yesterday in a game which was effectively a free hit for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.