Chris hughton sacked

Its a case of fans expecting more and more. The second season syndrome is always hard for most clubs that come up into the league. Look at Huddersfield this year shocking and many others before them. Chris knows his teams limits. People named players he should of played or whatever. IF he would of played them they may of got relegated this season. He was right to go into the defensive style to prolong Brighton in the league for a 3rd season.
I think in general hes been unlucky how many teams has he been kicked out of because they wanted better Newcastle got them up and to be sacked was a joke. I think he will get another crack at a job in the league. I can also see him going and doing another good job with a different championship club and getting them up to the premier league.

A bit surprised when I heard this tbh but they are negative as fuck every time we play them. Ten men behind the ball and hope for set pieces is a shit watch.

I have always thought that Chris Hughton was a decent honest player and manager. He seems to be shafted fairly regularly in his managerial roles. This latest dismissal is a not really a shock, it's what we have come to expect from owners that want great football, success on the pitch yet don't provide the funds to compete, and to be honest few clubs can. They're probably looking at the likes of Wolves and thinking they should do the same. Brighton have survived 3 seasons and had a great FA Cup run - it was a tough game for us to knock them out. I think this decision was a mistake and probably one that they will regret. So much pressure on these guys to fight for every point , we are seeing attack against defence for a significant numbers of games ( well we are as City fans), perhaps manager's do need to get back to trying to play football ( like Wolves) rather than getting 10 men behind the ball and parking the bus?

Hughton is a good manager but if they can get Graham Potter I’d say it’s an upgrade. The best British coach at the moment imo.

No brainer....most negative manager in the league, parks bus against teams below them, hoping to nick a goal....buys a few players each season, but most hardly play as not even as good as what he has or want to go over the halfway line!

Ironically if they'd gone down he might have kept his job.

Most Brighton fans I know like him well enough, but were dying of boredom having to watch his negative dross. When all the joy of following your team goes out the window, well we know what that's like. So he had to go if they were to get out of the negative spiral they were in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.