christ i forgot

corky1970 said:
smeichel, beardsley, cole, fowler, manmanamanmnanmanam, seaman , used to play for us ?

we liked our has been shit didnt we ??

anymore ?

Schmeichel (I assume you mean Peter) was a bloody good signing for the one year. Never let us down and starred in the last Maine Road derby famously.

Beardsley in fairness was on loan for only 6 games - played a blinder in the 3-0 away at Huddersfield but he was sent back to Bolton because we could only have 2 loan signings - Bishop was one, can't recall the other (a full back??), but it was madness not keeping Beardsley.
We went down by one point after the Stoke game and I'm positive with the remaining games left - with Beardsley, we'd have got that.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
corky1970 said:
smeichel, beardsley, cole, fowler, manmanamanmnanmanam, seaman , used to play for us ?

anymore ?

Schmeichel (I assume you mean Peter) was a bloody good signing for the one year. Never let us down and starred in the last Maine Road derby famously.

Beardsley in fairness was on loan for only 6 games - played a blinder in the 3-0 away at Huddersfield but he was sent back to Bolton because we could only have 2 loan signings - Bishop was one, can't recall the other (a full back??), but it was madness not keeping Beardsley.
We went down by one point after the Stoke game and I'm positive with the remaining games left - with Beardsley, we'd have got that.

Bishop was a free, not on loan. We had a right pick and mix on loan it's all a horrible nightmare. Lee Mills, Mark Robins, Terry Cooke, Egil Ostenstad.......the list is endless. To be fair some may have been the season before, it all blends into one and we seemed to have about 70 players at one point. It was absolute madness. All sorts of shit was being signed. Neil Heaney, Tony Scully, and Barry Conlon??????? Christ.........and we are now stressing over finishing 2nd and having to endure another season in that bloody Champions League.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
corky1970 said:

anymore ?

Lee Briscoe was the full back I think you mean. I was at the Huddersfield game and Beardsley ran his arse off. I think he was sent back to Bolton right after it.

bluebanana83 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
corky1970 said:

anymore ?

Bishop was a free, not on loan. We had a right pick and mix on loan it's all a horrible nightmare. Lee Mills, Mark Robins, Terry Cooke, Egil Ostenstad.......the list is endless. To be fair some may have been the season before, it all blends into one and we seemed to have about 70 players at one point. It was absolute madness. All sorts of shit was being signed. Neil Heaney, Tony Scully, and Barry Conlon??????? Christ.........and we are now stressing over finishing 2nd and having to endure another season in that bloody Champions League.

Thanks, for some reason I thought Bishop was on loan from easter (98) onwards and then signed on a free for the following season.
You are right.... the division 2, division 3, divison 2 four year period does blend into one..... Ball, Hartford, Coppell, Neal, Clarke, Royle......

Neil Heaney (signed November 1996 by Clark) went on to start only sixteen matches during his two-and-a-half years with City, having a loan period at Charlton Athletic in 1997-98, he eventually left Maine Road in August 1999
Terry Cooke was on loan from Jan 99 to the March and then signed at the end of the transfer window (when he then went shit!) but thankfully bagged his penalty against Gillingham.

Tony Scully doesn't appear to have a wiki page! he was on loan to QPR when we were relegated against Stoke, we played (and lost) to QPR a few weeks before the Stoke game (thanks Martyn Margetson / Jamie Pollock) but he was banned from playing against us.
Barry Conlon - I just couldn't be arsed looking him up! He was aged 19 and looked like Wilf McGuinness.
Mark Bobbins was late season 99 (didn't even make the bench against Gillingham), Lee Mills was 2000 and Egil 2001 (thanks to Wiki!)

Schmiechel always said the best save he ever made was for city,when we beat the scousers 2-1 at anfield.

EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
Schmiechel always said the best save he ever made was for city,when we beat the scousers 2-1 at anfield.
it was gordon banks quality that one mate!!!! from that wanker el hadji diouf i think it was?? fucking quality!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.