Christie Hospital

flyer

Hope I'm not crossing any site boundaries here, but the Christie Hospital has suffered huge reductions in donations over the last year due to fund raising events not taking place etc. I realise there are thousands of charities needing money, but as 1 in 2 of us will get cancer at some point during their lives, including me and mrs flyer, a donation of any size will be gratefully received I'm sure.

There was a report I half caught on the news earlier about how utterly deadly lung cancer is.
Not surprised given all the events which haven't gone ahead over the past year.
Some kind of charity kickstarter plan perhaps needs looking at once this is (hopefully) diminished to the point such events can go ahead again.

I did the Christie 100 mile bike ride a few years ago...on a knackered mountain bike.
Tough. What's the 300 mile version - surely not all in one go?!!
We donate regularly when SWMBO has an appointment there.. I’m also doing the Cancer Research 300 mile challenge in March which is worth looking into if you have a pushbike

As above we do our bit too either when there thankfully 6 monthly or by other means.

Obviously every charity is a good cause & will need help especially with the world as it is as fund raising will be well down the list for most people but even before Mrs Moon's issues this one always felt more 'important'.

I did the Christie 100 mile bike ride a few years ago...on a knackered mountain bike.
Tough. What's the 300 mile version - surely not all in one go?!!
No... It’s 300 miles during March.. 10 miles a day is well within most people’s capability I’d imagine .. I’ll be doing mine Monday to Friday as I normally ride then anyway to keep myself sane

Are Lottery ticket sales still holding up? Money needs to go to places like Christie (and yes many other causes too) as a priority
Remember when the lottery was introduced and we were promised the money would not be used to fund government responsibilities?
If cancer treatment needs 'charity' to keep going then the government is not doing its job.
I'm with the Germans on this one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.