Christmas Presents

Daz_Blue

FLORIDA, USA, FORMALLY OF WOODHOUSE PARK MANCHESTE
TV is full of commercials showing guys buying Audi's and Mercs for their misses .....like most of us can do that but what is the most expensive present you have ever bought for someone at Christmas ......alas my most expensive is a 200 quid necklace .....cannot afford huge extravagance .....

TV is full of commercials showing guys buying Audi's and Mercs for their misses .....like most of us can do that but what is the most expensive present you have ever bought for someone at Christmas ......alas my most expensive is a 200 quid necklace .....cannot afford huge extravagance .....
Should have given her a pearl necklace instead, saved yourself £200.

Probably a MacBook Pro for my mum that was around £1800 if I remember correctly. I have spent more on a birthday present but with so many people to buy for at Christmas, I try to keep the costs for individual presents down a bit.

£10 limit for my lads, partners & wife as we've got what we need.....& an afternoon piss up round the markets normally suffices.

We keep it to around 200 quid each.

Record vouchers and a replacement needle is all I want/ need.
In a way this is what is so pointless about Christmas presents. Here's £100 (in the form of a gift). Thanks. Here's my £100 (in the form of a gift) to you. Thanks. But it's worse, you have to think about what kind of £100 you're going to give, when it's so much easier just to give them the £100 to buy what they want.

I just don't get the whole presents thing. Except for the kids of course.

Anyway, have to go, just noticed one of my employees has turned the fire on.

I always get a football programme that i need for my collection from the kids which is touching as i dont need many and they have to work hard to find it each year. As teh kids have got older i miss the sacs of presents of things like scarletrix etc. Will have to wait a few years to be a grandrad for all that to start again.

This year is an expensive one, eldest a car, middle one a flight on holiday and youngest computer stuff and clothes. Mrs WW just buys John Lewis seemingly on my card.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.