Christmas schedule

Delphinho

1607292173809.pngDippers once again having a easier schedule. Klopp will probably still moan about it somehow. Things like this could be decisive in a title run, especially this season

Pep and the club will know this already. That's probably why we're seeing him not using subs as he wants to keep legs fresh and reduce the chance of injuries.

That said, at the end of the day, the BIG teams like us who are trying to win every trophy going will have to play more games. That's the price we pay for winning an unprecedented, unequalled FOUR domestic trophies in one season. It won't be seen again in our lifetimes, I'm sure of that. This table shows what an absolutely phenomenal achievement it was and we really, really deserve much more recognition for it.

Liverpool have more rest because they got knocked out of the carabao. I’d sooner be in it. Not as if we’re the only team to have a busy Christmas, everybody else is in the same boat so we will be on an even keel with our opponents.

Liverpool have more rest because they got knocked out of the carabao. I’d sooner be in it. Not as if we’re the only team to have a busy Christmas, everybody else is in the same boat so we will be on an even keel with our opponents.
As with last year and i think the year before the dippers have p!enty of rest between prem games and we dont , that is not even

As with last year and i think the year before the dippers have p!enty of rest between prem games and we dont , that is not even
They don’t have plenty of rest, they have marginally more primarily because they got knocked out of the carabao. It’s the tv companies that are responsible, we can hardly say they’re all in support of this conspiracy to give Liverpool as much help as possible given the recent issues with their 12.30 games.

But as I said, we don’t play Liverpool over Christmas, they’re not our concern. the teams we do play will have had a very similar amount of rest to us, we have one of the strongest squads in the league so if anything a lack of rest for the entire league is advantageous to us.

At first I was tempted to say it’s because we’re still in the League Cup and they’re not, and whilst that’s true, it’s actually a little more than that.

Even if you just look at the 3 league games over this period, we have games on the 19th, 26th and 28th. So gaps of 6 and 1 full day(s) without a match (I repeat, that’s ignoring the league cup).

Liverpool play on 19th, 27th and 30th, gaps of 7 and 2 full days without a match.

So they’d have an extra day on both sides of Christmas, even if we weren’t in the league cup still.

Last edited:
we will be ok and playing loads of games at this time of year is not something new. players like to play than training and the squad is big enough to cope with it so pep will just rotate with being in all the cups. once the league cup game vs arsenal is done its all premier league until the fa cup and we have a home tie so maybe a bench with all the big players just in case ?

the games coming up after this weekend derby will be
Manchester City vs West Bromwich Albion
Southampton vs Manchester City
Manchester City vs Newcastle United
*Everton vs Manchester City
*Chelsea vs Manchester City

* 2 big away games over christmas and new year will be the test of how good we are this season. they will be key to the title race because them 6 points over them 2 games will mean we are right in the mix or chasing and playing catch up. plus with chelsea being in the mix you can bet its a 6 pointer game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.