Cigs Booze Sugar

I'm not necessarily in favour of increasing taxation, but people don't need to be "educated and assisted" any more than they already are to understand that high sugar foods are bad for them. It's plainly obvious to anyone, even the hardest of thinking can already understand that eating stuff like Mars bars and litres of Fanta to excess will contribute to weight gain and associated ill health.

The NHS is creaking badly, and overweight / obese sugar addicts, smokers and alcoholics clearly cost the NHS massive amounts of resource and time, so I have sympathy with a policy that looks to address that somehow; I'm not convinced that taxing the products more is necessarily the perfect answer, but I don't believe that "educating and assisting" is having any effect whatsoever.
Everyone needs more education about food. That even includes Doctors!

Medical students get eight hours of basic nutrition training in five years at university when the biggest cause of ailments and diseases is down to diet. That’s a fucking disgrace in my book!
Never mind what the general public get (or don’t get) taught about nutrition.

Some of the most important things children should be taught in schools are how to and what to cook to have a good diet for life and how to train to lead a fit and healthy life.

The time and importance that is actually placed on them compared to things that absolutely nobody will ever use again in life (like some of the books and poems in English and some of the skills taught in Maths) is scandalous.

I think the only thing as important as food and fitness taught at school is how to communicate and that isn’t done properly neither and is getting worse.

They need making illegal, kicked the first two but my god can't shift the weight.

Should be a **** tax on rags and dippers. Would more than cover the difference if there's as many as they both claim.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.