Cinema etiquette, what would you do?

It gets on my nerves when people talk during the film. Not the odd word but full blown conversations that are not even about the film but some inane nonsense. However, some people go too far.

Just before The Force Awakens was about to start, I took out my phone to mute it. The phone was lit up for no more than two seconds. Someone aggressively shouted, "Turn off your phone". I responded, "Talk to me like that again and I'll shove it up your arse sideways". Cheeky bastard.

Going these days is a nightmare from people talking, on their phones, to eating 3 course meals, no one seems to go just to watch a film how it should be watched. I often go to the earliest showing during the day as the screens usually have very few people in. However a couple of times including today something else has come up, today there was guy with Tourettes and some form of disability throughout the film he’s was making loud noises and banging the floor with his feet, a few weeks ago there was another disabled person who throughout the Joker particularly after very tense scenes would make all manner of noises at the top of his voice. What are you supposed to do, if this was someone talking etc you could have a word or even get the manger involved, however you these days come across as a twat because they are disabled and we are supposed tolerate everyone.
Do I walk out ask for a refund? How would you stand on that, I’m limited to when I can go due to show times.

Part of me wants to say "Fook you!"!

I have a son who has autism and its been the battle of his life to get him to enjoy the social environment for as long as he can tolerate it.

As a family, my wife and I were conscious enough to try and negate other people's reaction to his excitement, so we sat at the back (spending the most money for the 'privilege') and still we had the disapproving looks when my son got giddy (he could only tolerate an hour anyway).

So, what you like us to do? We are all Human Beings.

Maybe you should lobby the cinema for a separate screen for disabled watchers, so that they can enjoy their entertainment without some kn*bhead 'normal' person casting aspersions their way...?

I too have had words with noisy fucktard cunts in my time. They don't always appreciate it. A quiet word with menace behind it nearly always does the trick. Although, I always start out being polite and ask them nicely. Sometimes people mistake that with you being soft and willing to take being told to fuck off and melt back into the darkness. If they have fucked me off sufficiently, I almost want them to be mouthy cunts. To me the film is ruined and I act accordingly. Never been jailed yet. Well not in a cinema anyway.

When it comes to a gang of kn*heads showing off in front of their mates trying to make the loudest noise or get the biggest laugh, I also give them a chance once or twice.

When I get p*ssed off, I ask them to give me my money back, that I paid for the film and I'll fook off.

Usually shuts them up.

When it comes to a gang of kn*heads showing off in front of their mates trying to make the loudest noise or get the biggest laugh, I also give them a chance once or twice.

When I get p*ssed off, I ask them to give me my money back, that I paid for the film and I'll fook off.

Usually shuts them up.
I dressed up in a Scream mask and killed everyone once. Although thinking about it that may have been a film..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.