Cities in the Park 1991

made good roaches

My mate worked until recently for the drugs charity “Lifeline” who did those leaflets. Fair to say he built up an intimate knowledge of the subject matter back in the day, and worked hard for decades to keep his knowledge up to date.

A gang of us went everyday but didn't have tickets, we just sat on the grass nearby and listened to everyone.
Managed to get in for the last 20mins of the Mondays as some scallops broke the gates open and we rushed it.

All these recent Heaton park gigs got me thinking, I have only been to gigs twice there the stone roses tour the other year but also to this and I have to say it was probably one of the best days I have been to at an open air gig that isn't a full on festival

Even dafter I only went to see the new fads really anything else was a bonus.

Also remember at the time a lot of tiny free gigs sponsored by carlsburg or hienekan in local towns that would have local bands play, or did I imagine it.

It was Heineken
They did the big top festivals as they called them. Saw them in Portsmouth and Plymouth of all places
Remember seeing audioweb and china crisis at the one in Plymouth.

Little bit before my time (only just out of school). We did go to a few radio 1 roadshows... does that count?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.