Citizens membership ideas

dickie davies

From flat earth & I'm a c*nt (says @ LongsightM13)
In the FA Cup semi tickets thread there's a bit of discussion on Citizens membership costs or scrap it

If it was just sign up for free and you can automatically apply for a match ticket, does this not open the door for opposition fans to abuse the system, or touts to access tickets for high profile matches!

So come on, let's put our heads together and come up with the best ideas/criteria

I'd reduce it to £20, but refund the Citizens membership fee against the purchase of a third ticket for a game the same season (three different games)

1Any one with previous buying history should get them for nothing.
2 charge £5 but free to renew each season
3 Family membership £10

Scrap it, first year I haven't bothered with the membership and it's the season I've been to the most games I've ever been. Only struggle is the away games

IT'S TIME TO SCRAP THE FEE! Are you reading this CITY, KHALDOON, SORIANO & Co?

Question to City. How much are you actually making out of the fee? A few £100,000? Peanuts!(see below)

So that's what you'd lose if you scrapped the membership fee?

Guess what, you'd make it back in matchday ticket sales, merchandising, drink and food sales, other related City sales, etc, due to more City fans taking up the option of a free Citizens card.

Why?

Because if the Citizens card was free, 1000's, 10,000's of new City fans would sign up.

£30, or whatever the price is, for the privilege of buying a matchday ticket, no thanks.

Free! I'll have one of those. What do I have to do?

Send the club my personal details, and accept City related emails, offers, etc. I can live with that.

So Khaldoon, Soriano, Danny Wilson(who I've got plenty of time for), are you going to make City the first club in the PL not to charge a membership fee for the privilege of buying a matchday ticket? Go on! Break the mould. Be different. Be the first club to do it in the PL, if it hasn't already been done? Look at the bigger picture. Empty seats. Falling Etihad attendances in reality, even though the stadium has been expanded. Disenchanted fans. Apathy. etc. Win the fans back over. Get them back into the Etihad and give Pep and the team the support and a full stadium they deserve. Or are you going to ignore the obvious and the fans, and keep on squeezing us until more and more of us get fed up with the money making machine that has now became Manchester City (£525mill, see below), until more of us walk away?

Deloitte Football Money League 2017
Planet Football
January 2017

mcfc.jpg

https://www2.deloitte.com/content/d...oitte-uk-sport-football-money-league-2017.pdf

First of all, scrap the stupid package they send. Waste of f****** money to send us some bracelets, stereotyped "cityzens" scarves no one wants to use etc.
Just mail the card and get done with it. the vouchers would be nice if they werent expired before you receive your card.

A) If it was just sign up for free and you can automatically apply for a match ticket, does this not open the door for opposition fans to abuse the system, or touts to access tickets for high profile matches!

B) I'd reduce it to £20, but refund the Citizens membership fee against the purchase of a third ticket for a game the same season (three different games)

A) I agree this is a reason why we do need to have different level of memberships.

B) This is a good solution for it IMHO.
People need to remember that you dont actually need membership for most games so you dont need to buy this membership.

IT'S TIME TO SCRAP THE FEE! Are you reading this CITY, KHALDOON, SORIANO & Co?

Question to City. How much are you actually making out of the fee? A few £100,000? Peanuts!(see below)

So that's what you'd lose if you scrapped the membership fee?

Guess what, you'd make it back in matchday ticket sales, merchandising, drink and food sales, other related City sales, etc, due to more City fans taking up the option of a free Citizens card.

Why?

Because if the Citizens card was free, 1000's, 10,000's of new City fans would sign up.

£30, or whatever the price is, for the privilege of buying a matchday ticket, no thanks.

Free! I'll have one of those. What do I have to do?

Send the club my personal details, and accept City related emails, offers, etc. I can live with that.

So Khaldoon, Soriano, Danny Wilson(who I've got plenty of time for), are you going to make City the first club in the PL not to charge a membership fee for the privilege of buying a matchday ticket? Go on! Break the mould. Be different. Be the first club to do it in the PL, if it hasn't already been done? Look at the bigger picture. Empty seats. Falling Etihad attendances in reality, even though the stadium has been expanded. Disenchanted fans. Apathy. etc. Win the fans back over. Get them back into the Etihad and give Pep and the team the support and a full stadium they deserve. Or are you going to ignore the obvious and the fans, and keep on squeezing us until more and more of us get fed up with the money making machine that has now became Manchester City (£525mill, see below), until more of us walk away?

Deloitte Football Money League 2017
Planet Football
January 2017

mcfc.jpg

https://www2.deloitte.com/content/d...oitte-uk-sport-football-money-league-2017.pdf
Great post could not have done it better myself lol

I think there has to be an option that is free, at the moment there seems to be a load of people that currently have no involvement with the club, and we don't seem to be too bothered about that. We talk about becoming a Citizen to feel part of the club, surely we should want every supporter to feel part of the club whether they put in money or not.

I'd have a season ticket membership, match goer membership (fee which is fully refunded by discounts on tickets) and a free general membership. I'd also have a CFG add on which focuses on all the clubs in CFG for a bit extra. Wouldn't be hugely popular right now, but think that would grow.

I'd also scrap the Citizens name and name each membership after a different former player each year. Could even have a few events, interviews with those players over the course of the year.

Thought for your £30 you got £5 off six games therefore free if you go to that least that many.

I'd also scrap the Citizens name and name each membership after a different former player each year. Could even have a few events, interviews with those players over the course of the year.
As long as they name it after Ged Brannan or Nigel Clough in the first year then I'm in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.