City’s Legal and Media/PR Teams

Manchester City Football Club sanctioned for international transfers of minors

The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has sanctioned English club Manchester City FC for breaches relating to the international transfer and registration of players under the age of 18.

Manchester City FC was found to have breached, amongst others, article 19 of the FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players.

The Disciplinary Committee took into account the fact that Manchester City FC accepted its responsibility and sanctioned the club with a fine of CHF 370,000.

I did see that the club referred to it as a "reprimand" in their statement, but unfortunately FIFA made it pretty clear, and there's no way you could stand up and argue that in court.

The deceit thing is the most interesting part of the article. It's not public knowledge that UEFA's case failed at CAS because they were unable to prove deceit. If they had been able to, I believe that would have broken the time-barred thing wide open as they don't cover fraudulent activity.

So who's told Jordan that?

You must be Google's biggest Customer.

I think the short answer to that question is - No.

The club isn't going to take people to court over defamation and get waded down in a legal process which we'll likely lose and reap bad publicity from.

This column follows a stint on TalkSport that was supposed to have gotten our lawyers attention 10 days ago.

I imagine people like Simon Jordan have a collection of cease and desist letters framed on the wall at home and know nothing will follow them.

There's seemingly not much they can do, but I assume if they ever get the opportunity for a quick and decisive win, they'll take it.

court is a option ? but the media team at city could start to make life hard in the press room for them two faced ****s
don't give them anything (food and drink) don't give them a question in interviews to the manager or players, also leave them out in the cold on match days and again don't give them nothing for free food drinks programs on match days

I think the short answer to that question is - No.

The club isn't going to take people to court over defamation and get waded down in a legal process which we'll likely lose and reap bad publicity from.

This column follows a stint on TalkSport that was supposed to have gotten our lawyers attention 10 days ago.

I imagine people like Simon Jordan have a collection of cease and desist letters framed on the wall at home and know nothing will follow them.

There's seemingly not much they can do, but I assume if they ever get the opportunity for a quick and decisive win, they'll take it.
To be fair some of the stuff Jordan has said would be an easy win in any legal action. He used a phrase some months back saying we had "falsified our accounts." That is defamatory unless he can prove it is true (which he can't because it's false) It was broadcast on Talksport so we could sue them as well. They would cave in quite quickly on a case like this. I agree that action would be difficult on a lot of the opinionated stuff but what he said can't be construed as fair comment in any circumstances. Personally I think Jordan is wide open for an action.
I feel that at some stage we will have to take someone on. We need to lance the boil.

To be fair some of the stuff Jordan has said would be an easy win in any legal action. He used a phrase some months back saying we had "falsified our accounts." That is defamatory unless he can prove it is true (which he can't because it's false) It was broadcast on Talksport so we could sue them as well. They would cave in quite quickly on a case like this. I agree that action would be difficult on a lot of the opinionated stuff but what he said can't be construed as fair comment in any circumstances. Personally I think Jordan is wide open for an action.
I feel that at some stage we will have to take someone on. We need to lance the boil.

feCe1iGX8YlQXxhLKkzln0trpKDAVfqtS23kQenFo1qBK2QRwIE78Q3eoEccyNOjIDzwedfCe-FckiNVIdwziM_sM6dH9qvAuHVYJiZcd6nKE1cadvN40NV1g40Hmkkthb8fZQPmxCo=s0-d

Exactly, we need to make a stand on just one case and nail the fuckers. All the other slugs would think twice afterwards, if not,have another one & so on but just seemingly being passive hasn't worked from day one and won't ever work.

Hope you are right but i wont hold my breath.

Tomorrow will see another "Jordan" spouting off and we will hear that "City are not happy".

I'd enjoy seeing us get litigious but I think the club try to take the higher ground on this. Pep has been quite vocal though so many the approach is going to change.

Not going to lose sleep over it. Sticks and stones.

The best thing we can do is go and win the UCL this season and then spend a shed laod and roar back next season and won the league a more silverware on top of that.

I'd enjoy seeing us get litigious but I think the club try to take the higher ground on this. Pep has been quite vocal though so many the approach is going to change.

Not going to lose sleep over it. Sticks and stones.

The best thing we can do is go and win the UCL this season and then spend a shed laod and roar back next season and won the league a more silverware on top of that.

I will be charitable and say they want to take the high ground but my deep down gut feeling is, once in the cozy cartel with no more fears, they like the rest dont give a fuck and are happy on the gravy train.

What has been said against our club and our owner since day one needs a comeback.

Exactly, we need to make a stand on just one case and nail the fuckers. All the other slugs would think twice afterwards, if not,have another one & so on but just seemingly being passive hasn't worked from day one and won't ever work.
Taking on Jordan, Talksport, and The Sun newspaper (where he publishes his column) would be a perfect statement. The Sun, like most tabloids, is facing a financial crisis. Imagine if we took them on and our fans boycotted the product. The Sun will be in a very vulnerable position if it loses the Johnny Depp case. That would be a great moment for our lawyers to strike.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.