City’s Legal and Media/PR Teams

They once asked Keown what do broadcasters do when they're struggling financially, he replied that they get rid of the stupid deadwood wankers first, and the next step they asked, he replied that he didn't know because he was usually gone by then.

He really is poor. No interesting comments or insights. Why do these dull unintelligent people get these jobs

They get these jobs because they aren't intelligent enough to get a job in the game itself, the list of boring commentators is long, especially at BT.

Reactions: CC1
They get these jobs because they aren't intelligent enough to get a job in the game itself, the list of boring commentators is long, especially at BT.
I had a stream linked to Sky l think for the semi. I don't who the commentators were but early the commentary sounded like a couple ok blokes in the pub having a laugh by swapping anecdotes. Totally irrelevant and unprofessional but not the first time it has happened. Is this a new way of insulting City without being slanderous?

High time club comes out and takes on the baseless allegations that's thrown on us all the time. I may be sitting thousands of miles away, but it pains me the same way as everyone else when I see defaming articles or comments about us, stopped using social media since it upsets me. Most Football fans are blinded by jealousy/hatred and have inherent bias, but what's astounding is the absolute lack of common sense.

My mate (manure fan) keeps mentioning "oil money". The irony is his dad works in the middle East just like millions of Indians, has been sending money home for past decade or so. Basically he has grown up, studied and got job with help of "oil money". It's really hard to digest such hypocrisy.

Last edited:
I had a stream linked to Sky l think for the semi. I don't who the commentators were but early the commentary sounded like a couple ok blokes in the pub having a laugh by swapping anecdotes. Totally irrelevant and unprofessional but not the first time it has happened. Is this a new way of insulting City without being slanderous?
Don’t know if it’s the same as you were watching but we had on BT and once Arsenal went ahead you’ve never heard a happier back-slapping trio than Ian Darke, Martin Keown and Steve McPointyman. Obviously a fair choice of co-commentators as both played for one of the teams, (I don’t think). Had to mute the last 20 minutes or so after the scouser started going on about Arsenal beating the Champions and former Champions

Don’t know if it’s the same as you were watching but we had on BT and once Arsenal went ahead you’ve never heard a happier back-slapping trio than Ian Darke, Martin Keown and Steve McPointyman. Obviously a fair choice of co-commentators as both played for one of the teams, (I don’t think). Had to mute the last 20 minutes or so after the scouser started going on about Arsenal beating the Champions and former Champions
I dont think it was the same. I certainly would have recognised McPointyman. There was a loy of praise for City in the first half it was
just the pub atmoshere in the second half thst caused me to find another channel a French speaking one.

Spit The Dog I can understand but I find Keown hard to believe. Surely nobody carries on listening to his 'expert' views after the first couple of seconds of him speaking? And I'm quite serious about that, I just turn off my ears once he's started. Might as well be a cardboard cutout of him for all I can see.

Keown is shocking as a pundit. He thought David Silva was called DeSilva for fucking ages. The last game I watched with him commentating he came out with the line "it's like trying to play football in a washing machine". Nice one Martin, thanks for the input.

High time club comes out and takes on the baseless allegations that's thrown on us all the time. I may be sitting thousands of miles away, but it pains me the same way as everyone else when I see defaming articles or comments about us, stopped using social media since it upsets me. Most Football fans are blinded by jealousy/hatred and have inherent bias, but what's astounding is the absolute lack of common sense.

My mate (manure fan) keeps mentioning "oil money". The irony is his dad works in the middle East just like millions of Indians, has been sending money home for past decade or so. Basically he has grown up, studied and got job with help of "oil money". It's really hard to digest such hypocrisy.
But with City it is not just oil money it is 'dirty oil money' and furthermore it is 'dirty Arab oil money'.
Oil is produced in 96 countries and every single country on this world uses oil and its derivatives. But it is only 'dirty' when referring to City or their owners. It is called 'dirty Arab oil money', never Arab dirty oil money' . For many people it is important to say the words dirty Arab in that way as it is one of the few ways they can get away with racist comments.
Major countries have chased the petro dollar for half a century or more. People from the sub continent have sought employment in the Gulf area for a half century too.
As you point out it is ridiculous to witness people in your country and UK and elsewhere creating ill feeling because of jealousy over a football team.

He really is poor. No interesting comments or insights. Why do these dull unintelligent people get these jobs
Martin “a fink he fought he was frowing that frough the fick fursdsy fog” Keown

Fick caveman looking ****

Reactions: CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.