City’s New Kits - 2021/22

Hard to tell from the Foden pic but it actually looks like the shorts don’t match the shirt. They appear a slightly lighter shade of blue, picked up in the socks where the main colo(u)r is the shirt colo(u)r and the accent colo(u)r in the sock stripes matches the shorts. I might be wrong.

The Villa away win in 1990 when Peter Reid scored was wearing maroon shorts as well as a 1-0 defeat at the shithole when Bryan Riggs didn't score his first rags goal.

I'm a bit obsessive with colours and remember small details like these. I have a feeling we wore the maroon shorts with sky blue shirts a couple of more occasions but definitely those two matches.

I quite liked the look to be perfectly honest.
Arsenal away, midweek early 90s came from 2:0 to draw, was another one where i think we wore maroon shorts (feel a bit of a geek even' thinking' I remember such insignificant things tbh!)

Getting even further into 'kit geek mode' remember City wearing black shorts (instead of white ones )with the first kit during a very rare victory at Highbury in the 1970s. Thought that looked quite smart, a bit like the Uruguay kit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.