City’s New Kits - 2021/22

West Ham's is betway, they're an online bookies alright. Everton are Cazoo, I think they're one of those car sales websites, although they don't seem to be a big presence anywhere that Everton would receive a lot of attention so it's a confusing one. Spurs is a yank life insurance crowd (AIA). My old employer would have gone through them for a lot of employee policies so I've had some dealings with them in the past. I imagine they got involved with spurs for the possible NFL links on the new stadium as Spurs don't get great ratings in the US and their European profile (as AIA, as opposed to affiliate companies and indirect business) is non-existent afaik.

Not a fan of sponsors either to be honest, although at least most of ours have been fairly subtle (first advice was horrific though) rather than monstrosities like the rags Chevrolet or Jeep for Juve. It's the nature of the modern game though, even when the old calibre of sponsors got priced out the multinationals replaced them.
AIA is based in New York City and was founded by an American. Prior to the Japanese invading China, it was based out of Shanghai.

It is my understanding, AIA is a big player in the insurance market in Asia. Perhaps the goal is more recognition in Asia?

Not sure why companies clamber to sponsor football shirts. I re throwing out a load of Nivea for Men stuff when the Liverpool ads first aired. I used to buy Lavazza Coffee until recently when the Arsenal ads started. Done that a few times to be fair, can’t remember all the examples. I guess Bulldog and the suppliers of Morrison’s own label French Roast Coffee aren’t complaining.

I dont go out of my way to buy products which sponsor City but on the other hand I avoid companies/products that sponsor the dippers and utd 100 % even now I wont buy anything from Sharp or Vodafone etc.

At Christmas my missus had to take the Nivea for men gift box she bought for me to the charity shop as I said I would never used it ! And will never buy again.

But than again I am the type of person who at Christmas always stops and moves the City calendar above utd and liverpool or in front of them in the shops, drives my missus mad lol ! I get ' bloody hell how old are you ' lol

AIA is based in New York City and was founded by an American. Prior to the Japanese invading China, it was based out of Shanghai.

It is my understanding, AIA is a big player in the insurance market in Asia. Perhaps the goal is more recognition in Asia?
Possibly, but as with the rag Chevrolet deal if they're not investing in the UK/Europe they're not getting full value.

I remember listening to somebody from a big business years ago, can't remember who or what now. He said though about 50% of money spent on advertising / brand awareness was wasted. The only problem was nobody knew which 50%.
I havent gone out and bought something because it was advertised or a sponsor. I have though bought a brand I've heard of against one I haven't. And when searching flights if Emirates and Etihad have come up comparable prices, chosen Etihad, probably purely down to association,then again that must work in reverse as well for brands associated with a team somebody dislikes.

That is a good line. Same. I remember explaining to.my wife that £90 more and 5 extra hours to our honeymoon journey was worth it because it was etihad rather than that emirates lot.

I also saw a certain brand that were looking to build a high end experience centre to promote their product they could bring clients to etc. And they then decided that spending that same budget on a 3.5 minute video ad was more worthwhile.

That is a good line. Same. I remember explaining to.my wife that £90 more and 5 extra hours to our honeymoon journey was worth it because it was etihad rather than that emirates lot.

I also saw a certain brand that were looking to build a high end experience centre to promote their product they could bring clients to etc. And they then decided that spending that same budget on a 3.5 minute video ad was more worthwhile.
The very moment she began to question what she’d done.

I still won’t buy anything by Sharp. Chevrolet are easily avoidable as they don’t sell anything here anymore and what they used to sell was fucking shite.

Well I don’t think any of us will be utilising the products of the rags latest sponsor, what the fuck is their product? It’s like the modern day equivalent of First Advice.

Well I don’t think any of us will be utilising the products of the rags latest sponsor, what the fuck is their product? It’s like the modern day equivalent of First Advice.
Unfortunately, their software is installed on my work PC and has been for years. It's what the IT Support team use to access our computers remotely when something goes wrong.

Unfortunately, their software is installed on my work PC and has been for years. It's what the IT Support team use to access our computers remotely when something goes wrong.

What we can take away from this is blue chip global brands the likes of Emirates, Nissan, Sony, Booking.com, Uber, Just Eat etc don’t want their names on the rags shirts. I was reading somewhere that the figures for this deal are not near what’s being stated and that it’s worth a tenth of Team Viewer’s annual turn over.

What we can take away from this is blue chip global brands the likes of Emirates, Nissan, Sony, Booking.com, Uber, Just Eat etc don’t want their names on the rags shirts. I was reading somewhere that the figures for this deal are not near what’s being stated and that it’s worth a tenth of Team Viewer’s annual turn over.

So the media are being steered by the Rags to print what amounts to a pile of BS... par for the course. Why are the media so gullible when it comes to the Rags?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.